" I want her back."

Jax's P.O.V.

A small spark of hope stirs within me at the thought of us all working together. I know it will be hard, but maybe it can work.  The problem will be convincing our men to not cause any problems.

My feet drag against the hard concrete floors as I walk up to mine and Negan's room. I am hoping he can convince our people to see building this bridge as a way to start over. To put the strife from our past aside, and focus on our future.

The tall figure of my husband stands outside his office, as he discusses things with his new right-hand woman. I knew Arat would jump at taking Simon's place, and I was right.

" I hate to interrupt this little meeting, but I need to speak to my husband. Could you give us a minute?" I ask politely.

Her harsh expression softens as she glances at me. " Of course, just find me when you're done. I need your decision on this as soon as possible." She claims, before walking away.

Negan smiles, at me, then kisses me softly." So, what did you need to talk about?"

" I came to tell you that, Michonne has agreed to help us. Maggie still is unsure if she will help."

The bearded savior raises a questioning eyebrow.

" You don't think she is still pissed about her husband, do you? "

" Yes, she told me so."

" She needs to let that shit go. I mean it's been a while since that happened."

I roll my eyes as his foolish statement.
" You can't expect her to just let it go Negan. You killed her husband. It doesn't matter how long ago it was. She loved him" I say emphatically.

" I get it, but damn, it's not like they didn't kill plenty of my people."

" Negan, that kind of thought process will not help the division. If we want to be unified, we have to forget the past. We all have to learn to let shit go."

" I know, I am just not sure it will ever happen. I will talk to our people and make sure they tote the line. But I can't promise this will work out like you hope it will."

" Well, if it doesn't, then it doesn't. At least I can say I tried."

" I will try to refrain from saying I told you so. When this doesn't work."

" Thanks, I am so thankful for that."

One Month Later.

The plans for the bridge have gone well so far. We haven't had too many fights break out, and I am hoping to keep it that way. 

The Forrest floor is littered with small tents and campfires. Workers from the sanctuary, kingdom, and Alexandria have all done well working together. Maggie has been helpful with supplies but won't spare any of her people.

Daryl is the one has really surprised me. He stepped up and has been mostly in charge of the project. I am so thankful for his help, without it, this wouldn't be working.

" Hey, man, get back to work!" The gruff hunter shouts.

" Why don't you stop trying to be the boss of me!" A booming voice shouts back.

I swiftly turn and see Daryl, and one of the saviors, fighting. People gather around with their eyes glued to cockfight they are witnessing.

I mentally roll my eyes in disdain at this childish behavior. My hand reaches for my gun, sending a loud gunshot above the two fighting men. They instantly separate, both wondering who interrupted their quarrel.