Regret

The darkness in my room should make it easy for me to sleep but my guilty conscience doesn't. I toss my head to the side seeing Negan sound asleep beside me. His soft snores fill my room as I look at his bare body. I let out a soft sigh as I climb out of bed.

I grab my bathrobe tying it securely around my waist. The light from the moon seeps into my room through the cracks of my shades inviting me to leave. I glance back at Negan making sure he is still asleep before opening my door then quietly shut it behind me.

My feet lightly pat against the hard concrete floor as I walk down the hall. The soft lights make it barely visible as I climb the stairs. I gently push open the door to the roof then close it behind me. A soft wind blows through the trees causing them to sway in the dark. I see an old chair near the corner of the roof inviting me to sit.

I slowly walk to it then gently place myself on it. My hands rest on the cool metal, making my skin break out in gooseflesh.

The stars light up the sky followed by the soft light of the moon. I know Daryl must be looking up at this same moon right now. I know he must feel so alone in our house with no one there beside him. I miss his musky scent, his warmth, and his kind eyes looking at me.

I know I offered myself to keep him safe but this is much more difficult then I could have imagined. I feel like I have betrayed him sleeping with Negan, but I had to save his life. I wish we had never made that deal with Hilltop or attacked his outpost. I use my arms to push myself up from the chair anger boiling inside me. Tears flow down my cheeks as I rush over to the edge of the roof.

My hands clasp into the rail as I look down below me. A loud sob escapes my lips as I hunch over the rail.

"Why! Why did it have to end like this !"

I yell into the air venom laced in my words." I hate you, Rick! I hate the deal you made. I hate you Daryl for punching Negan! I hate you for coming back and making me sleep with him! "

I crumble to the floor pounding my fists on the ground causing dust to fill the air. My whole body trembles as fresh sobs consume me. My lips trembled as fresh hot tears poured down my face.

I instantly regret my words, feeling a ping of guilt wash over my heart. " I am sorry. I don't hate you. I love you so much. I know for now I have to let you go, but know one thing. I love you, Daryl Dixon." I whisper, hoping the wind carries my message to the man I love.

The same night only in Alexandria.

Daryl's P. O. V.

I have been tossing and turning all night. I can't sleep knowing Jax is out there stuck with him. I know it's my fault that she has to be there and the guilt eats at me every day

I have tried to keep myself busy going on runs or hunting but nothing works. I get some sleep if I drink a lot but I know she wouldn't want me to do that. I did that heavily after our daughter died, and I promised I wouldn't do it again. My eyes keep glancing at the clock on my wall as the hour's pass. I finally have had enough, so I jerk off my comforter then slip on my boots.

I walk out my door, slamming it behind with murderous force. up to our watch-tower, seeking the comfort of the stars. I glance up at the sky, seeing the moon is shining brightly over our peaceful town as they all sleep. I wish I could tell her how sorry I am.

I wish I could go back and change it all. I miss her. If only I could tell her. Tears burn in my eyes, then trickle down my face. My hands clench at my side, allowing my nails to cut my palms.

" I am so sorry! I know it's my fault. I know you would be here if it wasn't for me! I was so stupid! " I slam my fist against the top of the tower wall shaking it violently. " I love You! I will do whatever it takes to free you! I love you so damn much!" I vow to the darkened sky, hoping for her return.

I climb back down the ladder with determination in every step.

" I will get her back !"