22 ; he's an angel

Start from the beginning

THIRD P.O.V

She didn't know where she was going at first, truthfully, so she just drove slower and decided that she would determine it on the way.

It gave her something to occupy myself, the choice, just another excuse to push all the recent events out of her head. Everything really was a roller coaster now, and she didn't have the patience to ride it at the moment, no matter the clearance it would give her. Some things were meant to take time to happen, after all.

So much had happened since the angel had appeared, and she wasn't really sure if that was a good or a bad thing. But, if one thing's for sure, she knew she definitely wouldn't have gotten this far on her own.

Soon after that thought, somewhere in the back of her mind, she realised that she knew exactly where she could go. She switched off the highway, making Taeyong give her yet another side glance.

"Decided?" He asked.

She really liked that he had his opinions, but she probably liked how cool he was about everything even more. She felt like she could say that she wanted to drive across the country, and he would just say, 'are you sure? okay, when?'

Dohyeong nodded. "I think so,"

Minutes later, they pulled into a crowded lot, the car screeching on the stone as she finally came to a stop. He looked out the window, a short laugh leaving his lips.

"Don't laugh," She said, turning her focus to him as she took the key out the ignition. "I'm not a drama character. What did you think I was going to do, go brood on an empty cliff?"

He just smiled and shook his head. "I guess I didn't know what I was expecting. But, maybe I should just know you better by now,"

"Hey," She furrowed her brows as she bit back a smile. "You sound like you're making fun of me,"

He innocently shook his head again, his voice borderline sarcastic, "No, I'd never,"

"I'm a normal person, I can drown my feelings whatever way I want. And besides, I'm sure you don't even do half of them, so your opinion is irrelevant." She teased him back, earning a quiet scoff from him.

It was around noon by now, and they'd just pulled into the parking lot of a plaza. It was huge, the space dominated heavily by Christmas themed decorations, multiple amazing restaurants, and profoundly drawing window displays. It was her first time seeing it like this, though, seeing as she usually only came here after a heavy paycheck in the summer.

Well, it was usually with Aera, too.

This just reminded her of what had happened, her heart sinking at the reminder that she had just fought with her best friend. It wasn't something that happened often, so she couldn't help it from resting in her chest. But, she knew she had a right to be mad, at least.

"Can I ask you something?" She said this quietly, not exactly sure how she could continue the conversation. It being the day before Christmas, last-minute shoppers made everywhere crowded. But, she doubted, or hoped, anyone would even raise a brow, much less care if she talked to what seemed like herself.

He nodded. "What is it?"

"What do you think? About Aera, I mean,"

His adam's apple disappeared in his throat as he swallowed thickly, his mouth going dry. He knew the question would pop up sooner or later, but he still hadn't figured out how to answer to it.

While he knew that what her friend had done wasn't the brightest, he thought that he at least understood her reasoning. Even if it was just mere speculation. But, he still could concede that it meant a lot to Dohyeong, and she had always been so honest with him, so he wanted to be honest with her,