Letter 36

I stepped outside as the helicopter came to a stop. I only had a day to find Ava.

After the attack in our base camp we had to get moved to somewhere safe. Let's not forget the part where I fainted. It wasn't my best moments and Brainy, Johnny, and Grinny had freaked when I didn't wake up for days. The doctors said I was still recovering from the shock and how I was still traumatized from- anyways we have to undergo through training again.

Government rules.

So I'll won't be going to the Front Lines any time soon.

Stupid District bombs'.

Again.

My hatred from them is only growing more.

The government said that we had a day to spend with our family before our training begins again. Instead I didn't want to see them. It hurts too much just to look at them.

Instead something made me want to see her. To see for myself if she was the person I thought she was through those letters.

I walked up the hill to where the house should be. Instead of seeing a house I saw a junk of wood and pieces of burnt furniture. Double checking if I went to the right place I saw a two elderly couple walking towards me.

Please don't make me think what it is. Don't let me be right.

"Young man. What you doing here? This house was bombed into ashes not long ago. Was last week? Not sure but, those darn Districts burn this poor family into dust. They were a nice family. Had two daughters. We're angels." The elder woman shook her head shedding a tear looking like she knew them for ages.

They walked past me and patted my back.

Still not believing that she could be dead I asked "Did they have a daughter name Ava?"

The elderly man turned around and replied "Yes they do. Did you know there family?"

The world froze for a moment. I stepped away from the house a rubbed my hair with my hand in denial.

I didn't know her that well but I cried. Since in forever, I vowed myself I would not cry ever again. Nothing would make me cry again. I broke that vow. How can I feel such deep emotion for someone I didn't even know? I think I figured out the answer.

Love is just love.

It appears randomly and causing you to do things you would never expect yourself to do. In me and Ava's case I think I felt this strongly for her was maybe because we were writing our hearts out. Maybe she wasn't who I thought she was but, I'll be in love with the fantasy of her.

Jonas sees a box of burnt letters and he picks them up.

Dear Ava
       I know your dead. It's not good to have lingering feelings for the dead. No offence. I really wished I was able to tell some things before you... I'll use the word vanished.

How can I live without my psychiatrist, right?

I'm sorry I wasn't able to write to you for a few weeks. I was under attack in base camp by the Districts. They had found us. I'm guessing they also found you right?

I really hope you live a good life in the afterlife. For now I know you won't reply to my letters ever again but I'll keep writing to you. Like you never left. I'll save my thoughts in the next letter. For now I need to handle your death. Funny how a stranger can feel so deeply for someone they never met. I really wished you didn't...vanish.

Thing you made me realize something.

How I need to stop the Districts.

We both hate this war.

Rest In Peace Ava.

                                          From Jonas

And that's it folks! Thank you for taking your time to read this book and I'll do some bonuses.

Also, there is a sequel!

It's not over yet!

Though the sequel won't be anytime soon. Probably around next year October.

Hope you enjoyed the story!