As my leg is hitched up, I slowly look over my shoulder to see Zarcar has taken a quiet step forward. That is all. He leaves a few feet between us... but he was still too close for comfort.

Now that I have successfully distracted Zarcar's thoughts, I quickly realise the distraction was a little too well done on my part. I feel vulnerable as his eyes rake over me with such lust, such boldness... so I let some other specific words pass my lips.

"So, were you taking a piss while they prepared this for me?" I ask him, raising a brow, "Oh, you even stare like a pig, don't you? Just like you stink and act like one... hungry... and dirty... and loud – do you always yell and squawk when you don't get your own way?" I hope my words are provocative and challenging enough as I finally step my way into the bath, turning to him and lowering myself down in slow motion. I slip beneath the water while my silver eyes hold his black orbs, like empty pits... hungry for something.

Zarcar's lip curls and he almost takes a step toward me, but he hesitates – catching himself. He shuts his lips and tilts his head, reading my smug little smile too well.

"...what did Ina say to you?" Zarcar drawls and my heart drops into my stomach.

I lose my brief smirk and Zarcar's eyes brighten with victory.

"You know her well?" I ask, a dead feeling in my soul.

Please do not ask the right questions. Please. I beg him and fate silently.

"I take it upon me to learn names and remember them, slave or otherwise," Zarcar looks pointedly at me, especially with that straight focus as he says the word slave.

"What we spoke of is none of your moon forsaken business," I almost snarl it but remember to keep my tone petite at the end. I lift my chin and nod to the bed, "Sit and enjoy while I entertain you, sir."

"I can only assume your defiance is caused by a mention of your Sun Priestesses burning. I can already tell that is what Ina must have brought up in the conversation," Zarcar is gentle, despite his opportunity to rip me to shreds for being so plainly sarcastic about me entertaining him.

But he was cunning, also, so...

"Mmm," I make an indiscernible noise, a mere mumble. Then I make the mistake of glancing at the flames from my fire place. In the moment it seemed like a good idea. I raise a hand out of the water, I place my palm down and twist my wrist, curling my fingers. The simple movement has the flames burning brighter, "Much better..." I sigh in quiet relief as the flames build. The water was losing warmth fast, you see, and my habit was unrelentingly second nature, it not first nature.

Yet, it was too late.

For a second time, a magic based habit slips out around the usurper who was occupying my tower.

And Zarcar had already given me 2 chances.

I freeze when I realise what I've done. As soon as I accept it's too late, I shut my lips. I gaze up at Zarcar pleadingly as he swiftly closes the distance, but my eyes truly do plead my innocence.

"Zarcar, please, it's a part of who I am... my very soul," I whisper my truth as he stops by the tub, right next to my face, and then he squats, his hand reaches out until two of his fingers brush over my jaw, making sure I face him without resistance.

"I understand," Zarcar breathes the words and I almost smile, until he adds, "But it is forbidden now. You do as I say or I'll have to punish you, sweetheart."

His words are so gentle, yet cruel and therefore I'm struck with confusion. I simply narrow my eyes at one of his chosen words.

"...punish...?" I say the word carefully, internally glad that we had strayed from the conversation about my dead friends... luckily not all of them.