Chapter 7

Elliana pov
         Once all the Volturi left, we turned and hugged our coven mates. Miranda pulled Neil and I into a comforting embrace. Neil smiled at her and I followed, mine being more forced. Richard kissed Miranda then hugged Neil and I. "It's over now." He said and I forced a weak smile. Miranda looked at me and asked "Elle? What's wrong?". I turned my head and watched as the Cullen family embraced each other, I smiled weakly at Renesme who returned a bright and happy one. My eyes landed on Edward who looked at me with pity. 'It's ok, there's no need to tell me.' I thought, knowing full well he could hear me. He nodded and turned his attention back to his family.

"Elle?" I turned to my own family as they gazed at me with worry. I did my best to give them a bright smile "Everything's alright now.". I was lying, deep down I knew I was lying.

———————————

One by one the witnesses bid the Cullen family goodbye and left. Our coven was the last one, I hugged Renesme and Rosalie, bidding them goodbye. Once I turned, I saw Richard and Miranda both talking to Edward  and I felt my heart drop. I could hear him telling my adoptive parents everything. Miranda looked shocked and Richard frowned heavily. They both turned to me and I bit my lip at there looks that said 'we are going to talk about this.'.

————————————-
When we left we stopped near the ocean, to get ready to travel to England. Richard turned to me "Elliana.." I mentally prepared myself and muttered "I'm sorry.", my eyes landed on the ground beneath my feet. I could see from the corner of my eye, Neil looking between Richard and I in confusion.  I heard Richard and placed his hand on my shoulder "It is not your fault, I know you cannot control it and I know it is not up to you. But I hope you realize what this means for you now.". I timidly nodded and looked up to see him smiled sadly at me. I knew, that from now on my fate was sealed to the vampire who I locked gazes with. Our lives were now intertwined with one another. Where in if one of us were to die, the other would follow. It seems ironic, considering we are already dead. 

Miranda smiled comfortingly at me, Neil however was becoming more confused and when he was confused, he was always frustrated. "Excuse me..but may I please know what is going on?!" he asked, frustration laced in every word. Miranda looked at him and said in a sad yet calm tone, "Elliana has found her mate.". His eyes widened visibly as he turned his head quickly in my direction. 

I looked at him in the eye and bit my lip, anxious. Neil was like a real brother to me and I was like a real little sister to him. He would be a little sad that I've found my mate yet at the same time happy for me. Although, I highly doubt he will be happy to know who it is. He looked at me "Is it someone we know?".  I didn't answer him at first but I glanced at Miranda and Richard who just looked at me expectantly. I guess they would rather I tell him. "Someone from the Volturi." I mumbled, knowing fully well he could hear me. Neil's eyes darkened with rage and he clenched his fists in anger. "What?" one word, yet filled with venom and malice. Richard looked at me "His name is Alec Volturi, one of the infamous witch twins.". "One of the witch twins?!" Neil roared in anger, but I could barely register what Neil said. 

'Alec',so thats his name. I felt myself melt a little at finally knowing his name, but did he know mine? "Elliana!" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Neil who looked worried and furious all at once.  "I'm sorry Neil..." I whispered helplessly, I do not want to argue with my brother but at the same time I understand what he's feeling. It's not everyday you find out your sister is mates with the enemy. "This cannot be happening...! Richard can you not do anything about this?!" he asked, well more demanded Richard who frowned. "Enough Neil, Alec is her mate and that much has been confirmed. All we can do now is return to England and wait." Miranda said, eyeing Neil. 

Neil let out a growl of frustration, Richard nodded his head "She's right Neil, we'll figure out what to do, but for now, we need to go back to London. Lets go.". Richard turned and faced the waters bellow us and we followed as he jumped.