Authors Note

Hello everyone! I know I haven't been active since last year, while I have an explanation for that first I want to say thank you for the readers who have stuck by this story despite my many hiatus stages. Thank you also for your comments, you've all been very encouraging. 

The reason why I stopped updating since last September is because I lost a family member come October then when 2021 started, more things happened in the family so I lost the will and inspiration to write this story. I did manage to accomplish parts of chapter 24 and built a plot for future chapters but they're all vague with little detail. 

I'm also in my last year of high school and a little more than stressed out because I have no idea what to do with my life. 

So I will leave this story on hiatus, please don't worry because I will finish this story but it will take some time to find the inspiration to continue its plot. I'm going to leave a little teaser on what the next chapter will be about.

Again I am so sorry, I know most of you were probably excited for an update but got this instead. So sorry everyone. 

  "You are a vampire, how the hell can you not see that the color is teal?"

"Why do you have to make things so complicated? It's blue!"

"Oh dios mio! How can you not know the difference?"

"Cale o bico! How can a vampire swear to God?"

Emilio rolled his eyes at the argument coming from his companions. Alfonso was from Portugal, like Emilio, and Carlos from Spain. The two occasionally argued and at first that worried Emilio, who was recently stationed in Madrid. The older members , who had been in Madrid for about a decade, told the Portuguese that it was normal for Alfonso and Carlos to bicker and even cause damage to the property they were occupying.

Emilio turned his head to ignore the two vampires, who began to bicker in their native tongues. His life in Madrid was a lot more dull than his human life in Elvas, Portugal but that was mostly because as a vampire, Emilio had to be more careful. He had things to entertain him though, with humans developing technology like the "internet".

The Portuguese vampire decided to go for a walk, leaving the still bickering vampires behind. As he moved down the hall, Emilio heard the beginnings of a fist fight and smirked. Let Alfonso and Carlos get punished for it later, Emilio had nothing to do with that argument.

As Emilio was about to pass the door that led to the basement, he paused and turned toward it. He could hear the basement occupant shuffling around and was tempted to check but held himself back. That was what the occupant wanted, Emilio had been told repeatedly by his superiors. The vampire in the basement was cunning and could easily trick or charm his way through humans and vampires alike.

A gift, the older members explained to him, the gift of temptation. It was for that reason that they had little interaction with the vampire in the basement. Emilio didn't even know the vampire's name. Only the leader of their group stationed in Madrid knew the vampire's name.

The shuffling sound returned, only this time, much louder. Emilio could not battle the curiosity he felt and opened the basement door. He descended down the stairs and turned his head to the right. There, laying on the cement floor, was a vampire without arms or legs. The man was European, with dirty blonde hair and dull red eyes.

The blonde vampire smirked and greeted Emilio with a nod, "A visitor, how rare.".

He tilts his head a little and scans Emilio from head to toe, "You're young, how old were you?"

Emilio didn't want to answer but felt the urge to open his mouth. "I was 18, that was 10 years ago.".

The blonde vampire cringed "Young, but I suppose you were special enough for them to invite you."

The Portuguese did not reply but asked a question instead, "Who are you?"

The vampire was handsome, much like the rest of their kind, but when he smiled, Emilio felt like the prey caught in the net of a hunter.

"I am called Cassius."