Chapter 13

Jina P.O.V.
"Remember to update me every week." Eomma said holding both my hands. We were currently in front of the gate, waiting for the announcement that I could board. "Do you have enough Money? Tell me if you don't. Buy yourself some good food there. Wear plenty of clothes, it can get cold in winter. Also drink lots of water in summer. Also-" She said checking my bagpack. "Arraseo eomma!" I said stopping her. "I can take care of myself, I'm a big girl now. You have to take care of yourself too." I said. "I'm gonna miss you pabo." She said hugging me. "Nado eomma." I hugged her back. "Imo, take care of Eomma for me will you?" I asked her. "Dangyeonhaji." She assured me. "Gate 125 for Korea to America is open for boarding now." The staff annouced. I hugged Imo and Eomma again before waving and boarding the plane.

*Fast forward to 3 years later, I came back a year ago from America together with my best friend in America, Rome, she was also from Korea so we became close. Both of us got our bachelor's degree and decided to return to Korea together. We caught up with our parents and decided to work in a Hotel somehow. Now it has been a year since we have worked in Seoul hotel. I am currently working as the assistant of the Director of events and Rome worked as the Front desk Manager. Though I'm an assistant, I work almost as if I'm the director. My boss is a complete A**hole who dumps all his work on me while he takes the credit. But what can I do, I can't lose my job. Now, Rome and I are roomates in our own apartment.*

"Jina, wanna go to the mall today?" Rome asked. "But we finally have a break from the hotel today and you wanna go shopping?"I said. "Come on..we haven't had the chance to explore more of Seoul ever since we came back from America." She pulled my arm and gave me puppy eyes. "Fine..where do you wanna go?" I replied relunctantly. "Yay! I wanna go to COEX mall. I heard they have a level for everything you wanna find; Cosmetics, Fashion, and even one for kids!!" She exclaimed. "Plus, I heard their Director is super handsome and rich! Maybe I could meet him there and he can be my Prince Charming~" She trailed off. I pushed her head with my two fingers saying "Dream on." "I'll show you!" She said rubbing her head. Both of us got ready and left for the mall.

"This mall is so big!" Rome exclaimed as we walked in. It was true, the mall WAS big. The buulding had levels for only a categeory. 1st level was cosmetics, 2nd was Fashion, 3rd was for bags, 4th is specially for kids clothing and items. "Gaja!" Rome pulled me. "Welcome to COEX! Do you have a specific item you are looking for?" The sales lady asked. "No, we'll just look around first." Rome replied earning a nod from the lady. "This CC cream is so smooth!" "Heol! A rainbow highlighter!" "Do you have shade 36?" "This lipstick is limited edition!" Rome dragged me around. I sighed as my legs started to ache and I was so bored, and this is only the 1st level! Rome was now carrying a basket half-full of lipsticks, lotion, etc. "Let's go up now." She said and we took the escalator up to the 2nd level.

Again, she pulled me around the whole level and passed me a bunch of clothes that she was going to try on. We stopped at the fitting rooms, "Sit down here, you have to judge each outfit and how I look on them." She said pushing me down to sit on the sofa infront of the fitting room. She came out with different outfits, and all I did was say "Nice." "Great." "Fantastic." "Amazing." In the same low tone. "Park Jina, why are you saying all those empty words. You're like those boyfriends that doesn't want to come shopping with their girlfriends." Rome complained. "But it's all boring! And they all look the same." I said back. "Fine." She said and picked up the clothes. "I won't buy these and only buy these." She said, seperating a few outfits from the others. Passing the outfits she didn't want to the worker, she pulled me upstairs to the 3rd level. "Yah, you have a thousand bags at home already, are you going to buy more?" I asked her. "Hehe, I'll just look around." She said walking towards the bags, which I followed too. As we were walking around the level, something caught my eye, it was a sky blue Kate Spade sling bag.

It was my style, simple, colourful yet useful

It was my style, simple, colourful yet useful. "Let's go there." I pulled Rome. "You finally found something you like?!" She exclaimed and followed me. "Oh that looks nice, I'll go there there first." Rome told me before going to the other side of the section. "Annyeonghasaeyo! You have such a good eye Ms. this is the latest and most popular bags this season." The worker there told me. " Yeppeuda." I said and took a look at the bag. I slung it on my shoulder and took a look at myself with it in the mirror. "Omo! Isn't that the Director? Is he looking at me?!" Another worker there exclaimed. "Wake up, why would he be staring at you?" The worker before said. I picked up the bag and checked the price tag of it. '340000 won' it read. I could afford it, but I had to save since I still needed to give my mother her monthly allowance. I bit my lip and returned the bag to the workers. "Kamsahamnida" I said and went towards Rome. I tapped on her shoulder and she turned around. "Jina yah, does this bag look nice on me?" She said holding a Burberry handbag. "It's not bad..." I commented. "That means its good! Excuse me, can I have a new one?" She said. The worker took the bag and walked away to get the new bag. "Where's the bag you liked?" She asked me. "Oh, I still have this bag, I didn't want to buy another one yet." I lied and pointed to the bag I was currently using. "Ok..Then let's go pay and go home. I know you still have a stack of events to sort out." Rome said. We made our way to the cashier and paid before heading to the exit. "Rome, do you have a lip balm? I think I left mine at home." I asked Rome. "I think I do, let me check." She said and rummaged through her bag. "Ah!" Rome shrieked as she bumped into someone. The man caught her by her back and they stood in that position for awhile. 'Okay..I feel awkward now' I thought. "Ahem!" I fake coughed. They snapped out of their thoughts and stood up properly. Rome suddenly turned into a shy girl and tucked her hair behind her ear before muttering "Oops, Joesonghabnida." I irked at the sight of her acting all shy infront of a guy. "Omo! You are the Director of this mall right? Jeongmal Joesonghabnida, I should've looked where I was going." She said and bowes. "Ani, it's okay." The Director bowed back with a smile. "Is there a problem sir?" A few guards asked, approaching us. "No, everything's fine. I'll see you girls around." He bowed again and we did the same. Roma then started to slap my arm. "Omo!!! He's not only rich and handsome, he has manners too! He's just my type!" She exclaimed. "Eish, all rich and handsome boys are your type." I teased her. She beat my arm and I jumped back, rubbing my arm. As we were taking the taxi back to our apartment, I thought, 'Well, the Director is a little bit handsome...but he seems very familiar, and I just can't put my finger on it.'

After arriving back, we entered the apartment and I immediately got to work. I sat down at my desk and flipped open the file that I had to arrange. "Yah, why does that A**hole give his work instead of doing it himself? Ask him to do it himself!" Rome asked, leaning against the door frame. "I don't have a choice Rome, I don't wanna lose my job." I replied. She sighed and went back to the living room. I had to arrange the reservations and when they were available with the most earliest booked. As the head of events in the hotel, I was in charge of the bookings and decorations based on the type of event. As I was looking through the bookings, there was one named 'Yearly D&D, Jung company'. 'Isn't the Jungs the one that owns COEX?' I thought. "Rome! Can you come here?" I shouted. "Mwoya?" She said walking over. "The Jungs are the ones owning COEX mall right?" I asked her. "Yup, why?" She asked back. I showed her the list and she started jumping around. "GOD IS ON MY SIDE FOR ONCE! I GET TO MEET MY PRINCE CHARMING AGAIN!" She shouted around the room. "Good for you, you can finally maybe have a relationship that won't fail." I congratulated her. "I hate you." She said and stormed out of the room. "I LOVE YOU TOO!" I replied and got back to my work.

*12am*

I was finally finished with all the work. I let out a loud yawn and looked at my coffee cup, sighing. I brought my cup into the kichen and placed it in the sink before getting ready for bed. I did everything quietly in case Rome woke up from her slumber. Hanging my work uniform on the door hook, I climbed onto bed and went to sleep.

FAST CHAPTER UPLOADED KEKE. I wrote this before so It can be uploaded fast luuul this is the 3rd chapter i uploaded in a day:))