The Kessel Run: A Star Wars SmackDown - Bonus Round #1

So before we get into the nitty gritty of this, we should point out the title is probably a little misleading. There are no bonus points available. In fact this - and future similar 'Bonus Round' rounds - won't be judged and certainly aren't mandatory.

But we envisage judging for Round 2 taking about a week - we hope to have the 8 submitted entries judged, one of you who submitted eliminated (we don't want to eliminate anyone, FYI, but it wouldn't be much of a SmackDown if we didn't!) and Round 3 posted by Sunday, December 2nd... But we're not there, yet!

So with that in mind, we figured we'd give those of you looking for something to write to pass the time 'til we've got that sorted out, a completely non-mandatory prompt.

And now...

D4-V3

Tell the story of a D4-V3 model astromech droid, supposedly sent for repairs following a battle at some point during the time of the Old Republic.

The 'supposedly' part is entirely up to you and could be anything from reprogramming to decommissioning.  Did the astromech escape before its fate befell it? Or did it succumb..? The choice here is yours.

The Fine Print

Recommended Word Count: 1,000

Deadline: No deadline here, as it's not officially part of the SmackDown contest. We'd recommend completing your story by December 2nd though, so you're ready and prepared for the next round proper!

Submissions: Via the comment section only

Things To Consider

The usual things to consider don't apply here. This story won't be judged, so there's no points to allocate and no real deadline for you to meet. Do remember though, that come December 2nd, we'll be posting Round 3. That one will be judged, scored, etc...

There are no eligibility issues here, either.