[CLOSED] Star Wars Force Awakens Fanfiction Contest

Update: This contest is now closed! Stay tuned for the entries.

What is this contest about?

We have less than a month away from Star Wars Force Awakens and we just can't. So here's our challenge: write a speculative fanfiction about the upcoming movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Although we have little knowledge about the upcoming movie and the characters, fandom is about fan creativity and about what you think will happen. If you're already excited by the upcoming movie, use that to inspire your next story!

Writing Prompts

Here are some writing prompts to get you inspired:

ONE: Rey and Finn steal the Millenium Falcon from Han and they start a wild goose chase.

TWO: Write your best theory or speculative fanfiction about the plot of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

THREE: Finn gets into a lightsaber duel with an old jedi who is revealed to be Luke. Luke tries to steal his lightsaber back from Finn.

FOUR: Stories from the Storm Troopers break room. What's the latest gossip about Kylo Ren?

FIVE: Star Wars: The Force Awakens from the perspective of BB8.

Things to Consider

• Pay attention to your grammar and spelling to make sure that your story is understandable and accessible.

• Try to convey feeling and emotion in your story with ample depth and detail.

• Minimum 500 words to be considered. There is no maximum word count. Please space out your paragraphs.

• Make sure your work is original. Do not copy another writer's work.

• Story should be about Star Wars: The Force Awakens

• Add media, gifs, youtube that inspire your story.

•Give your story a creative title and in brackets include [Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fanfiction]

Submission

To participate, post your entry from your Wattpad profile as a NEW story and tag your submission with "contest" and "theforceawakens." The deadline for submissions is Monday December 7th at 11:59 EST. Along with a creative story title, please ensure you include [Star Wars: The Force Awakens Fanfiction] in your title. You can submit one (1) story for this contest.

Dates & Judges

Monday December 7th at 11:59 EST is the deadline for this contest. The Star Wars Fans Team will choose the top winners, and a grand prize winner. All stories will be featured in a Star Wars The Force Awakens collection book and a reading list. Since this is our first contest we have an amazing prize. The grand prize winner will win a Star Wars Funko Pop doll.

May the Force be with you.

UPDATE: Winners have been announced on my activity board! Thanks everyone for entering.