[CLOSED] The Kessel Run 2020: A Star Wars Smackdown - Round 3 Finale

Last leg of the Smackdown is here, spacers... Prepare for final lift-off!

The Roster

The following spacers, please report to dry dock and gear up:

Songbirdie

ChewiesFalcon

DarthWitty

SoelleKhiss

Reap the Whirlwind!

Reap the Whirlwind!

You've been swept off your feet into a whirlwind relationship with someone who you've noticed has inexplicable gifts. In the morning, after your first night together, you find your partner weeping at the foot of your bed with an ignited red lightsaber in their hand. What happens next?

Rules of Engagement

Recommended Word Count: 5,000

Deadline: Sunday, January 24th at Midnight, Galactic Standard Time. Or for our purposes! The deadline is final, and any stories submitted beyond that will not be considered eligible for judging.

Submissions: The entry must be in English. Sadly, no one on the team speaks Wookie—yet. Your entries must be submitted HERE to be considered eligible for judging. Feel free to post the direct link to your story in the comments' section so your fellow Star Wars Fans might easily locate your efforts.

FAQs

Does my story have to be 5,000 words?

No, the recommended word count is exactly what it says; recommended. You won't be penalized for writing a story a little above or below that number of words, however do remember it must be a finished story.

Do I need to write a single chapter only?

Adding more than one chapter is welcome, but please keep in mind the whole book must meet our recommended word limit.

What about Mature stories?

Mature stories are permitted, but please remember that it must meet Wattpad's Content Guidelines in order to be accepted.

Are LGBTQ+ characters allowed?

Of course, we always welcome LGBTQ+ characters and stories!

How will our stories get judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as spelling, punctuation, grammar, originality, and creative relation to our prompt. The top three winners will be chosen through the Smackdown's total accumulation of points.

Can I still enter if I did not participate in previous rounds?

Of course you can! But keep in mind, advancement has been based on participation in each previous round, and the scoreboard is determined by an accumulation of points earned from the judges in each of those rounds.

How do I submit my story for this contest?

Just complete this FORM and that's it!

Disclaimer: Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.