Chapter 10

Warm hands enveloped me and my eyes fluttered open to find myself in someone's arms. My back was against someone's chest and they had both their arms around mine. We were against the wall beside the tread mills, the gym was completely empty.

I glanced upwards at a strong jaw and hardened features.

"Natsu?" My heart sped up as I couldn't understand what had happened and why I was here.

"Take care of yourself better" he refused to look at me instead staring at the equipment.

"Why did you do this?" His hands tightened around my arms before sliding off them returning to his side.

"You were about to faint" he offered no more than that but I had a feeling that wasn't it.
I begun to notice the large amounts of heat radiating off his body and then I realized he was still half naked. His naked upper body was against my back and my cheeks turned very red.

" Why are you holding me like that?" I joked with him turning up to stare at his face. He obviously didn't get the joke because he lifted me up and grabbed his shirt tugging it on before leaving the gym.

" Natsu wait! I was joking I didn't mean anything" he didn't stop so I ran up to him grabbing his arm. Natsu immediately stopped turning around to look at me.

" Lucy your right I shouldn't have done that I went out of line" he nodded at me gently prying my fingers off his arm.

I stood there silently fuming. Omg this guy! I don't want to ruin our mentor student relationship! Why did I have to make that joke, mentally I face palmed but what I needed right now was to restore our relationship because Natsu was for sure going to avoid me like a plague.

And I was correct. The next few days he avoided me as much as possible, even during our training sessions he kept strictly formal not bothering to respond to my jokes or attempts at conversation.

"Lisanna I don't know what to do" I groaned while cutting my food into tiny pieces. She sat across from me in the cafeteria fixing her hair nodding everytime I said something.

"If I were you I would confront him and ask him what on earth is wrong with him"

She obviously didn't understand, her and Bixslow hung out all the time now and they were close friends, but me and Natsu.....we were a different story. He was overly sensitive I concluded and I would have to be extra careful about what I say around him