Locks meant things worth hiding lie inside.

I had no idea where the key was and didn't even bother looking. He would never leave keys just lying around to be easily found.

My fingers wrapped around the sturdy metal and my feet planted themselves on either sides of the drawer. I took a few quick breaths before pulling sharply with all my substance. My muscles rippling with the power coursing through each fiber.

I heard snaps and splinters crackle into the air before the locked drawer gave way and broke open. Lucky for me a little lock was no match for werewolf strength.

Peering inside I found files with the name every pack in North America on it.

I found my old pack.

Seeing Silver Claws written on the file gave me a sharp jolt of pain. The memory of my once proud pack would only be passed down through history books, stories, and possibly whatever this file contained.

I reached in and pulled the documents out.

Inside I saw a full map of the pack and a list of it's Alpha, Luna, and other commanding pack members. My parents names amongst the list.

I was startled to see a detailed report of our perimeter guard rotations and population number of able-bodied warriors. Our financial statements, health documents, emails, phone calls. everything was recorded.

My old pack was being surveillance and didn't even realize it.

I scanned through the other files. 

Every other pack was exactly the same. Some had even more details, like preferable days for attack, or weak spots in their defences. Even daily routines of important pack members. It was all there.

These weren't made to protect the Red Druid pack from outsiders. The files existed for future raids.

I shouldn't have been shocked, but finding these did startle me.

I realized the kind of alpha Hunter was. He was powerful and methodical. 

He wasn't satisfied with the dent he made on the world yet, he wanted more.

I wondered what path Hunter planned to take. Was he on a path of battles and blood? Or something else that I couldn't see yet.

Inside the drawer I also found a map of the Red Druid pack lands.

This is the kind of thing I was searching for.

Studying the vast territory I found the capitol, where we were, was located in the upper northwestern corner of the Red Druid pack.

It was very distant ways from the neighboring pack. The odds of me being able to navigate through the dense landscape and evade all Red Druid warriors was slim.

While leaving as soon as possible was in my best interest, the frigid frost that encrusted the ground would make the journey far too treacherous to consider. Examining the map I'll have to scale mountainous areas that during the dark winter night grow far too cold for even my hardy constitution.

My only realistic options would be to wait for spring's first dawn to temper against the freezing nights. That's when I could make my departure without being completely suicidal.

I pocketed the map and did my best to return everything back in order. But the lock on the desk drawer was entirely beyond repair. Closing the drawer all the way and sweeping the splinters under the desk, I hoped Hunter didn't often go into this part of his desk.

It wasn't until a few hours after the sky sunk into a sea of murky dark blue ink that Hunter returned back to the house.

I was sitting on the couch, eating the dinner I made, my back was turned from the door. But I didn't need to see Hunter to know it was him.