Chapter 10

{Aspen's Necklace above}

Rachel came over for breakfast, but I couldn't concentrate on pleasantries because today is the day I would either be forced to live alone or live in submission.

I watched Rachel lips move excitedly as she chattered about how after she ran out of the gym yesterday she meant the most amazing guy, he apparently was her mate. I should be happy for her or at the very least be paying attention, although all I could think about was those two yellow eyes burning holes in my heart.

Not to mention the fact I could barely keep my eyes open, Hunter kept me up all night howling outside my house. It's like he wanted me to be tired today, but doesn't that mean he will to because he had to stay up howling every half an hour or so making sure I didn't get a wink. Luckily for my trusty earplugs I did manage to catch a few Z's but did lose a couple precious hours trying to find them.

If I see so much as a glimpse of Hunter this morning I'm going to tear his vocal chords out and shove them far up where the sun doesn't shine.

"Aspen!"

"Huh, what?!"

Rachel frowned and I instantly felt bad for ignoring her, I mean this is a huge thing in her life and I can't even pretend to listen.

"You're kinda out of it today, aren't you?" She asked

"I'm just a little tired, but don't worry I'll be back to normal in no time."

"Alright..." She said skeptically which made me actually wonder myself if I'll be okay, a nap could fix the tiredness but it wouldn't fix everything. I looked at Rachel and saw her looking down at her half eaten waffle, my heart broke when I heard a small sigh and caught sight of her disappointed frown.

I smiled "Hey, Rachel."

She looked up innocently "Yes?"

"I'm happy you found your mate, I hope he makes you feel happy."

Rachel smiled a look of relief flooded her features and grabbed my hand across the table, she looked so sincere in what she said next it was a little surprising.

"And I hope you kick Hunter's ass tonight for all the pack to see."

Everyone had so much hope in me, they sincerely believed I could beat this curse that was thrusted upon me. I think they thought if I could deny Hunter his mate maybe he wasn't as invincible as the stories say.

An image of Hunter's yellow eyes and the ache of new bruises whispered annoyingly, reminding me just how strong Hunter truly is and how easy it would've been for him to snap me like a twig at almost all of our encounters. These people don't understand the hidden depths of Hunter's power, hell even I didn't know, I couldn't help feel that all those times he's been holding back. Almost as if he didn't want me to know the lengths of his strength and skill, it could just be my paranoia though. Anyways, it's not like I plan to actually slow down enough for Hunter to ever fight me, let alone get a glimpse of me, my plan was to run and hide as fast and long as I can.

Still, a nagging feeling told me that might not be enough, because the beast is hungry and he'll hunt me till there is no where left on earth to run or hide.

*Time skip to noon at the pack house*

"So hot-stuff, how ya feeling about tonight?" Liam asked with his signature grin and cool persona.