Chapter 2

The sun shone brightly through the windows highlighting everything in my room until it almost glowed, the particles in the air sparkled in and out of view like fairy dust, I sat up and stretched lazily in my bed.

Rachel stirred beside me, mumbling something about not having fleas and buried herself deeper into the plush blankets.  She reminded me of an angel when she was asleep, her golden hair and slightly tan dewy skin made her look like a goddess sent from heaven. Trapped in a state of internal slumber.

The door to my bedroom sprung open and in popped a smiling Louisa holding a tray full of food and drinks, my mouth watered instantly when the smell of bacon wafted near my face.

I'm in love with food. Its actually very serious between us and I try to spend as much time as possible near it because every healthy relationship needs to be maintained.

In fact, I think food might just be the one and only for me.

Rachel nose sniffed and twitched until her eyes snapped open and she frantically shot up into a sitting position in bed.

"Bacon, I smell bacon." She announced, then grinned when she noticed Louisa standing at the end of the bed with the intoxicatingly delicious slices of salty goodness and eggs.

Louisa laughed "well someone's hungry this morning, I can practically see drool dripping out of your girls' mouths!"

We both nodded "we're starving, and I didn't get to eat dinner last night." I grumbled and looked down at my poor stomach which was currently growling like a caged animal.

"Shame on you Aspen," Louisa said while setting the food in front of us "a growing she-wolf such as yourself needs to eat the minimum of five meals a day."

"Louisa I'm 23, I'm not a growing girl anymore, but a fully grown adult." I reminded her, sometimes it's hard for her to remember I'm not the little kid living in this house I once was, still colouring with crayon and loosing my baby canines.

"I know, but still you need to eat, so you best be at it." Louisa commanded, normally my wolf would be outraged by another telling me what to do, but Louisa is different and is the only one, besides my parents, allowed to tell me what to do without being torn to shreds.

Hurriedly she left, probably having other chores to do, leaving Rachel and I to fight over the bacon alone.

Eyeing the reddish-brown treat I snatched two up and shoved it in my mouth, Rachel stared at me, almost in shock I'd do something so caveman-ish. I'm still wondering how she is so shocked after knowing me for so long.

Chewing quickly I watched Rachel grabbed the other two pieces and savagely chomped on it with gusto, we both had to hurry and finish or else the other would get the last piece. Rachel just put the last shred of her strip into her mouth and was furiously grinding it between her teeth, I was still trying to swallow my whole two strips of bacon down.

Finally, the thick lump slides down my throat with slight resistance, but is down none the less. I grab one end of the last bacon and tug, but it doesn't lift to my mouth. A hand is keeping it from being all mine, and that hand was going to regret its decision very soon.

I launched myself at Rachel while still keeping a grip on my end of the bacon, I sat on top of her and tried to tug the delicious prize away, but she just wouldn't let go.

"Let go!" I yelled at her, still trying to rip the bacon away to have all for myself.

"Never!" She cried and pulled a piece of my hair, making me yip in pain.