Chapter 15; Shopping

I parked my car in the parking lot, farthest away from the store so it wouldn't be hit with other cars. It was still raining so I knew that I would probably end up getting sick but it didn't matter at all to me, I was more worried about getting food.

I entered the store and grabbed a shopping cart then walked around the store getting things I would use to cook and other little things like candy, ice cream, chips. Just as I got in line to pay I got a text, there were 3 people in front of me so I took out my phone to check.

Elliot: Where are you? I'm outside your house!

Me: In a store. I'll be on my way soon, only 3 people in front of me.

I put up my phone and looked in at the people in front of me. I was next and the person on the cash register seemed to be taking too long. Once it was my turn I took out all the things from my shopping cart and waited. It felt like she was taking forever.

"$59.65"

I took out the money and handed it to her she took the time to count it all twice then have me the change. I pushed my shopping cart outside and put all the bags inside my car then put the shopping cart in its place before I hurried back to my car. By the time I did I was already soaking wet and my shirt was sticking to me, I pulled it away and then turned on the car.

I pulled out my phone and opened up the text with Elliot.

Me: On my way

Elliot: I'm waiting

I closed my phone and drove out of the parking lot, I was starting to get cold but ignored it and kept driving. Elliot really wasn't a patient person and sometimes while texting he would pretend to be mad at me when I took 5 minutes to answer and after I explained to him that I was in the bathroom but it didn't bother me, since I loved to have someone to talk to.

I pulled into my driveway and saw Elliot leaning against the garage with a flower on his hand. I immediately got mad at him since he was standing in the rain when his car was parked right in front of him. His clothes were sticking to him and he was shivering.

The sky had gotten darker in the time it took me to go from the store and back and Elliot had just stood there. I got off my car and angrily walked towards Elliot.

"Why are you standing in the rain?! You're going to get sick!" I screamed at him over the rain.

"You don't need to scream, I can hear you perfectly fine." He told me and handed me the rose he had.

"Umm... Thanks. You're helping me bring the bags inside though." I told him and walked back to the car.

My clothes were sticking to my shirt once again and it was uncomfortable since the rain was cold. He grabbed nearly all the bags and I grabbed the ones that were left then we went inside. I closed the door and turned on the lights once again.

"K, where do I put this?" Elliot asked me.

"Table."

I put up all the things where they belonged and left the cookies out. When I turned around Elliot was still shivering and I had nearly forgottened that he was there.

"Ugh, you're going to sick." I told him.

"Well, I could just borrow some of your clothes." He winked at me, it wasn't that bad of an idea I just didn't know if they would fit him.

"Ok, Let's go check if any of my clothes fit you." I grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs towards my room.

We entered my room and he sat down on the bed while I looked through the boxes of my clothing to see if anything I had fit him. I grabbed a black shirt and white pj bottoms and threw them on the bed, those were for me.

"I'm not sure if I have anything that'll fit you." I stood up and turned to him.

He thought for a second before responding. "Hmm... What about your dad?"

I stood quietly and he looked at me curiously, he must've noticed he said the wrong thing and was about to say something but I interrupted him. "He's in... Jail. So it's pretty much just me here."

"I'm sure you could find something that fits me, I'm not that fat." He stood up.

"Ok..."

I looked once again and found grey pj bottoms that looked like they could fit him and a plain dark grey t-shirt. I handed him the clothes and he looked at them curiously.

"I will look fabulous in these." He told me.

"You'll look beautiful in them. The bathroom is in the third room away from the game room, good luck." I pushed him out of my room and closed the door so I could change.

I pulled off my shirt and also changed into another bra since the one I was currently wearing was also wet, once I was done I threw my clothes in the basket near the closet and opened the door. The pjs were very warm against my skin and since I didn't have much of body heat I was still cold. I opened the door and saw Elliot walking out of the bathroom.

"You can put you're clothes in the dryer. It's downstairs inside the walk-in closet thing." I told him, trying to explain.

The washer and dryer were in the corner inside the walk in cupboard. The walk in cupboard was pretty big, it was like a walk in closet only withought the clothes,shoes, and whatever else you stuff in your closet. Never mind, if the dryer and washing machine were in there then there was clothes in there.

We went downstairs and towards the kitchen where it was at. He put his clothes in the drier and I helped him turn it on.

"So what now?" He asked me as we walked out of the cupboard.

"Umm. Want some chocolate chip cookies?" I asked him and picked up the cookies.

"Sure."

We sat down on the table and started eating the cookies silently when he broke the silence.

"So... I it's ok if you don't want to answer but why is your dad in jail and your mom not home?"

~~~

A/N: sorry for that crappy ending it's just that I was busy working on my summer assignments and I didn't have time to write so yeah... I can't promise that the next chapter will be better because school starts next week but I'll try. so vote? comment? thanks ^.^