Chapter 1; The Beggining

I was watching tv, and was just about to turn it off and go to bed when the door opened and my mom entered. She went straight into the kitchen, completely ignoring me. This was so weird, out of the ordinary. I never saw her, I usually spent days, even weeks with ought seing her so I didn't know what to do when she called my name.

"Crystal, can you get over here? I have something to tell you." She said from the kitchen.

I got off the sofa and walked to the kitchen, unsure of what was going on. She was sitting on the kitchen table with her phone on her hand. I took this time to see what my mom really looked like.

She had curly black hair that went to her shoulder and light blue eyes. I had never noticed that. My hair was light brown and my eyes were hazel. She was also wearing a white formal dress that reached above her knees when sitting and white high heels along with manicured nails and perfect makeup and the right jewelry along with the key to her room which was on her necklace. She was pretty, let's just say that.

"Umm... Yeah?" I asked but it came out as a whisper.

I seemed to be very different from my mom. My eyes were hazel and my hair was light brown and naturally straight, I was skinny just like her but that was from my eating disorder. I didn't know anything about her, she had stopped talking to me after Aidens accident, after that they told her that she wouldn't be able to have any more kids. And since then, we never had a conversation or any more mother- daughter moments.

"I got promoted and I'm sorry to tell you this but we're moving. You can say goodbye to your friends or throw a goodbye party, whatever you want we start packing tomorrow." She said with ought looking up. I didn't need to say goodbye to my friends or throw a goodbye party because I didn't have any friends, that showed how much she knew about me.

"Umm... Sure, whatever. Where are we moving to?" I asked as I quietly sat down on the chair opposite from her.

"A place, about umm, 15 hour drive from here. It's pretty far." She said never turning to look up at me.

"Yeah, that's far. Do you have any boxes already? I'd like to start packing as soon as I wake up." I told her.

"Yeah, there are some boxes in the garage near the door." She said and stood up. I did the same.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." She said and walked off, her high heels clicking against the marble floor.

I heard the noise of a door opening and closing. Wait, she said she'd see me tomorrow. Does that mean that she's not working? Could this mean a change in our family? A lot of thoughts started running through my head and soon I was sitting on the chair again, crying. What if we finally got the time to be a family again?

That couldn't possibly be happening. She said she got a promotion which means that she'd be working more than she already does. Nothing was changing, only the house we lived in and the place. That was all that was changing, nothing more.

I wiped off my tears and walked to the garage. Just as she had said, there were some empty boxes near the door, her black Acura RLX car was parked neatly in the garage. I grabbed 3 boxes and put them in the kitchen then went back to close the garage door.

"Crystal, don't worry about the furniture. I am selling the house with it so that will stay here." Mom said while she stood near the stove, her eyes still glued to her phone.

"Sure, no problem." I told her and took the boxes to my room.

I closed the door behind me and put the boxes on top of my bed. My clothes would probably be the easies thing to pack. I grabbed a handful of hangers from my closet and took off the shirts. All of my shirts were black band shirts, there were a few white and grey shirts too. I neatly folded the shirts and carefully put them inside the box.

My shirts filled all 3 boxes I had gotten and I put them by my nightstand, making sure I had taken out a shirt for tomorrow. I grabbed the black marker on my nightstand and wrote 'Crystal's Shirts' on all 4 sides of the box. I looked out my window and noticed that there was a cat sitting staring right at me. If only I could have a cat. I sighed and closed the windows curtain then went back to the garage to get 2 more boxes.

My mom was gone by now back into her room and I could hear voices from a ...TV? She has a tv in her room? I ignored that and went back to my room with the boxes, next were my jeans. They were all black or red skinny jeans and filled up both boxes. I wrote 'Crystal's Jeans' on all 4 sides of the box just like I had done with the shirts.

I put the 2 boxes along with the others and jumped on my bed. I wasn't sleepy so I just stared at the ceiling and read everything on my wall. The words on the walls were sad and I didn't want to cry once again, crying myself to sleep wasn't fun at all, I usually woke up tired and with a headache.

'Not tonight' I told myself and covered my head with my pillow. I heard some screaming and looked outside my window, my neighbors were fighting in their driveway again. They were an old married couple and usually took their arguments outside, it annoyed the people living near but not me, I actually found this entertaining.

My eyes started to get heavy and I laid back on my bed to sleep. Tomorrow would be a long day.

~~~~

A/N: So this is a new book I decided to write when I was bored in dance class :P tell me what you think! vote? Comment? thanks! ^.^ new chapter every week!