Chapter 10; Pregnant?

I had left Mrs.Chandlers house at noon and made it back to my house to keep packing the things. I had finished packing it all and didn't have anything else to do so I sat in the sofa watching tv.

My mom walked in 2 hours later wearing completely different clothing than she had the day she left to go out with her friends. She was wearing a black sophisticated knee length dress that looked very professional along with black short high heel and sheer shadow makeup that looked good with her light blue eyes. She threw her bag into the sofa next to me and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed her bag and put it in the kitchen table, annoyed that she was throwing stuff at me. I went back to the sofa and sat down just as she walked back into the living room. She seemed worried about something.

"Is everything ok?" I asked her.

"No. Go to store and buy me a pregnancy test. Now."

"Mom, since the... accident... I thought you couldn't get... pregnant." I whispered, afraid that I might say the wrong thing. I waited for her to respond.

"The chances of me getting pregnant again are very low but it can happen. I've had one miscarriage so far." She replied. "Where's my purse?" She asked as she looked around the sofa.

"I...In the kitchen." I told her. I had thought that here was no possibility of her getting pregnant ever again but here she comes telling me that she's had one miscarriage after the accident. I was shocked that she hadn't told me this before, but there was also no way of her telling me anything at all.

She walked back in the living room, her high heels clicking and she handed me two $20 bills. I grabbed them and looked up at her, still not believing that she had been pregnant before.

"Hurry up, grab two, nothing else." She told me nervously. I stood up from the sofa grabbed my keys and went to get my car.

I sat in my car and waited for it cool down so I could grab my seatbelt. I had already burned my shoulder with the metal as I was sitting down, I put the money in my pocket and then put on my seatbelt as the car started to get fresh. I drove out of the driveway and into the nearest store, trying to avoid road rage.

I drove to the nearest pharmacy and pulled into the parking lot, I parked my car and got off making sure to lock the car as I closed the door. It was really hot outside and I was already starting to sweat with only 5 seconds of being outside. I entered the pharmacy and fresh air hit my face.

Ok, two pregnancy tests, I told myself and walked around the pharmacy hoping to find it. I finally found the pregnancy test in the back corner of the pharmacy. I grabbed the first box I saw which read "99% accuracy." there were two tests in the box, I grabbed two boxes and walked to the front of the store to pay for them.

As I walked towards the front of the store an old woman walked passed me and turned to the person next to her and said, "Children these days are getting pregnant at a very young age."

I laughed and kept walking, it wasn't any of their business why I bought the pregnancy test. I put the two boxes of the test on the counter and the man behind the counter tried to keep a straight face as he scanned the items. There was obviously something bothering him about me buying this.

"It's going to be $27.45." He told me as he put the boxes in the bag.

I took out the two $20 bills and handed it to him, he grabbed them and gave me the change which I put in my pocket then took the bag and walked off, back to my house. I gently threw the bag into the seat next to me and turned on my car, this time I didn't wait for it cool down again I just drove straight back to my house.

I parked in the driveway and turned off the car then grabbed the bag and hurried back inside the house. My mom was patiently waiting on the sofa, obviously nervous by the way she kept moving her hands.

"There's 4 tests, I know you said to only get two..." I trailed off as she grabbed the bag from my hand and rushed to her room. She closed the door behind her and locked it. I sighed and put the change near her purse in the kitchen.

I sat on the sofa once again and changed the channel to a movie and patiently waited for my mom to come out of her room and say something about the pregnancy tests.

Soon the movie was over and the credits were starting when my mom finally walked out of her room, still wearing the same clothes she had on before but her expression was neutral. I didn't know what to think of it and she didn't say a word, she grabbed her phone and started texting.

"I think I might be back later." She said and walked back into her room, closing and locking the door behind her.

I turned off the tv and went into my room. Obviously she wasn't going to tell me what the pregnancy tests said and I was so curious, maybe sneaking into her room would give me the answers I wanted. The thing is that I would have to wait and find a way in.

I grabbed the marker next to my bed and opened my closet door. The inside of my closet door was the only part of my room that wasn't completely covered in writing. I opened the marker and stood in front of the door thinking.

"I try not to think, About the pain I feel inside, Did you know you used to be my hero? All the days you spent with me, Now seem so far away, And it feels like you don't care anymore."

I wrote on the walls the lyrics to a song that I listened to all the time, a song that just said everything I felt inside.

"Nothing's gonna change the things that you said, Nothing's gonna make this right again, Please don't turn your back, I can't believe its hard, Just to talk to you, But you don't understand."

I closed my closet door and threw the marker across my room, anger and depression suddenly boiling up inside of me. Then the tears rolled down my face and I sat down in my room, hugging my legs wishing for all this to end. Wishing for a way out but I had to stay strong, for Aiden.

"I'm leaving!" Mom suddenly screamed and I heard the door open and then close once again.

I looked out my window, hoping to see Mrs.Chandler and Tom sitting outside but their driveway was empty. I laughed and wiped away my tears, why was I so fucking emotional all the damn time? I laughed once again and stood up.

This was it. I needed to know what my mom kept in her room. The curiosity was killing me and this might possibly be my last chance because I had finally gathered up the courage to do it.

~~~~

A/N: So the song I used here is called Perfect by Simple Plan it's an amazing song and made me cry the first time I heard it. Anyways, I finished this chapter in a few hours :D so vote? comment? thanks ^.^