Chapter 14; Friends

Having a friend wasn't so hard. It was fun and the thoughts of my depression went away for once. I forgot all about my scars and the past. Maybe it was time to let the past go, maybe it was time to forget all about it because at some point in life you realize that you have to let go of the things that hurt the most and look at all the good things. At some point in life you realize that life is worth living because there's people who make it fun, you just have to find them and so far Elliot was one of those people who seemed to make a cloudy day just one of the best days ever.

Over the years I had forgotten what fun was like, my days were spend in depression and one person made a difference. One person could change everything. And now was my time to let go of the past and enjoy the present, I could no longer be sad about what happened 5 years ago, I was pushing that away and concentrating on being happy because this was my chance to turn things around and I wanted to keep it this way.

I know I had said that this feeling wasn't going to stay with me forever, but who's going to stop me? My father's still in jail and my mother is a workaholic. The only one who could stop happiness is the one who helped me be happy. No ones going to stop me from enjoying this feeling, no ones going to stop me from feeling happiness and this feeling is going to stay with me as long as I can keep it.

As much as Elliot wanted me to be his girlfriend I didn't want to because I was afraid of that. I didn't want to ruin this friendship because the thing about relationships was that he was either the guy you're going to marry or the one who ends up breaking your heart and that was what I was afraid of. I preferred him just being a friend because I liked it that way and I hoped he would understand.

~~~

We walked down the path that lead to the playground, according to Elliot. So far the park was very beautiful, it had green grass, tall trees, and flowers everywhere along with a few squirrels, birds, butterfly's, and benches.

"So, do you like the park?" Elliot asked, to start a conversation.

"Yeah, it's pretty."

"Not as pretty as you, though." He turned to look at me and I blushed.

I hated how easily he could make me blush and I gently hit him in the arm for that. We continued walking down the path until we reached the playground where there where little kids playing and people walking their dogs. We sat down on a bench and just looked at the playground, some people who walked past us smiled at us and I could hear them whisper to the other person "what a cute couple!" But we weren't a couple and I wish I could've just go up to them and tell them that but I'd rather just leave it at that.

"So, when will you agree to go out with me?"

"I won't, so don't waste your time trying."

"Don't tell me what to do."

I laughed at him and looked back at the playground, it hadn't even passed 5 minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder and then a few seconds when I realized that it was Elliot's arm. I scooted away from him and he got closer to me so I stood up and leaned against the bench, he did the same and just looked at me, trying not to smile.

"Can you stop?"

"No, I can't keep my hands off you." He took a step closer to me.

I took a step away, "eww, perv." just as I said that I tripped on a rock and was just about to fall when Elliot catched me. I grabbed on to him as if I were hugging him and he held on to my waist.

"Can you let go now?" I whispered in his ear.

"Eww, get a room!" A voice said from behind us.

I immediately pushed Elliot away and turned around around to see a small 5 year old boy looking at us, he wrinkled his nose and walked of shaking his head. I burst out laughing at how cute he was.

"You know, we can make one if you want." Elliot whispered in my ear and I noticed his hands were still wrapped around my waist.

"Eww no. If you keep being a pervert then I'm walking home." I told him as I pulled his hands off me.

He just laughed at me and sat down on the branch again. I sat down next to him and watched the children play.

"So when does school start?" I asked him.

"Oh shit! I have to do those summer assignments!" He suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"Uhh, it starts in two more weeks, I think." He told me.

"Oh, ok."

What if he just planned to mess around with me and when school started he left me and I became a loner once again but in a different school? I hated the thought of that because I was finally able to be happy but I couldn't stand to think that maybe this was all a joke. I pushed my thoughts aside and focused on the kids playing that I didn't notice when it started to rain.

"Why don't we go before it gets worse?" Elliot told me.

I looked up and noticed the dark clouds and the rain falling. I stood up and followed Elliot back to his car, the walk back seemed longer than the walk to the playground. He turned on his car and then drove back.

"Should I drop you off at your house?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have to start unpacking." I told him and that's when I remembered that I still hadn't eaten at all that day, I could just take my car to go buy some snacks and that would be fine with me.

"Ok." He frowned and soon we were back at my house.

"K, so bye?" He looked at me.

"Bye." I told him and opened the door when he grabbed my hand I turned to look at him.

"So it's raining." He started.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"And... Don't most girls think that kissing in the rain is romantic?"

"I'm not getting sick because you want to kiss me in the rain." I laughed.

"Damn it, you are different than other girls." He told me.

"Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?"

"That good!"

"Ok then, bye" I got off the car, closed the door and walked towards my house.

It started to rain harder just as I opened the door, I quickly got in and closed the door behind me. The house was dark and it was darker due to the grey skies and the rain. I walked around the house turning on the lights to make it brighter in here. Mom was still not home and that didn't surprise me at all. Maybe it would be better to go get some food them start unpacking.

I grabbed my car keys and went to the garage. I made sure to lock all the doors then drove off in search of a store.

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the late update I didn't have time to write at all this week so I just finished writing it right now. The chapter isn't that great, I know but my sister wants to eat breakfast and my dad is here and he won't let me use my phone in the morning so I just wrote this chapter quickly, sorry. I'll make the next one better, I promise! So vote? comment? thanks ^.^ (sorry for any mistakes, I'm hungry too and can't concentrate that well when I am :P)