The Pack Ships- Mythical Lands Part 1- 3

Vikk's P.O.V.

The forest was silent, slivers of light streaming through the tall trees and lighting up certain areas with halos of gold and green. My wings were also reflecting the light and casting rainbows on the floor, which flicked when I moved my wings.

I was sitting on the forest floor, leaning against tree and watching animals around me who stepped on the dry leaves from autumn and made crunching noises when they moved. There was a deer in a clearing opposite me, and he stared at me peacefully.

I had been in the forest for years and I knew it like the back of my hand, I could go anywhere without any trouble, even when other people entered to find me. I had become sort of a legend in the surrounding towns, as I had been seen in the trees and evaded them every time, fleeing to one of my many hiding places.

The forest was miles and miles across and I had no trouble hiding when someone came to find me, and only those who I wanted to find me would have any hope. There was everything I needed to survive in the forest, berries, fruits and nuts, fresh, clean water and other types of food that I could eat. I didn't eat meat, as it was a fairies job to protect animals.

I watched the sunset through the a gap in the trees and saw the sky turn red, orange and pink through the leaves. The deer and animals fled when the sky started to darken, going to find somewhere to rest for the night.

I was just about leave when I heard the neighing of a horse, and I froze. My first instinct was to climb the tree behind me, hiding from sight of whoever was nearby, and when I was 15 feet up I stopped, knowing that they could hear me.

I leaned against the tree and held my breath, peering through the leaves to see where the horse and possible rider were going. The neighing of the horse again made me look closer and then I saw a young man in full armour, atop a brilliant white horse, standing right below me, looking around, frowning. He had heard me.

"Easy boy, easy, I'm sure it was nothing." I must have spooked the horse because he was snorting and looking around, trying to find the source of the noise.

I was looking down at them, trying to get a better look at the young man. He was tall, blonde and very good looking and I knew at once that he was of high status because of his clothing.

His armour showed the symbol of the king so he was probably one of the higher ranking guard because it was emblazoned on his chest, which was rare. His clothing was made of fine material too, soft cloths and fabrics, and his horses saddle and reins were made of fine leather, painted red.

He looked around again and just as I was leaning over to see him, he looked up. I pushed myself back and out of sight but I knew he had seen me.

"Hey! Who are you?!" I was a little confused. If he had come looking for me then his first act would be to try and capture me so I didn't think that he was deliberately trying to find me. "Can you come down from the tree? I'm not trying to hurt you."

I peered down at him and saw him looking up at me, and I could see no weapons in sight other than a sword that was the least practical weapon that you can think of. Gently I lowered myself from the branches until I was just a few feet above him, just out of his reach, but he could see me and I could see him.

"Are you-" He had seen my wings. "Are you a fairy?" I nodded, raising my wings. They were much like a dragonflies wings, translucent and thin, with two pair one on top of the others. They glittered in the sunlight and cast rainbows on the ground, but in the glow of the moonlight, which had just come up, they glowed silver.

"Who are you?" I looked him over and then I startled, seeing something that I hadn't been able to see from above him.

Perched on his blonde curls was a solid gold crown, with the insignia of the King stamped on the front. He was the Prince, the heir to the throne, was standing right in front of me.