Delayed Awakening - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Hannah walked to the bed and sat down looking sunken but happy. Brody leaned against the wall casually and smirked at Hannah. Hannah noticed him smirking at her. Hannah's anger returned slightly.

"What?" She questioned. He just smirked at her for a while more. Hannah got pissed and was about to say something when he beat her to it.

"I can't believe you write poetry." Hannah glared at him then closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she was ready for an argument which she could sense sparking.

"Why can't you believe that I write poetry? Is it that absurd?"

"Yes! And I can't believe that you managed to keep this from me! But... why? Why did you keep it from me? Were you embarrassed?"

"No! I was not! I just... I just wanted to stay anonymous okay? I didn't want you think I was depressed or I was basing the poems on the things happening in our lives. I just wanted to be the other me and still be me? You know? I didn't want them to mix."

"I don't get it. I really don't get it. What's the big deal with letting me know? I mean, what happened to being honest with each other? Huh?" Brody's attitude changed. He's playful cheerful self disappeared and an angry and hurtful one appeared.

"What? Being honest? Who's the one that didn't tell me that he's a freaking vampire??? Not to mention the engaged part?! How can you talk to me about being honest?!" Hannah was on the verge of shouting. Her anger was about to burst. She did not want it to burst. She did not want to unleash it here and now and on Brody. This was not supposed to happen! We were just supposed to have a petty little argument and get over with it! Argh!!! Why'd did he have to talk about being honest??? And why did I have to bring up him being a vampire and engaged??? Ahhh!!!!!! I'm so STUPID!!! Hannah screamed at herself inside her mind.

Brody's face went red like he was going to explode. The anger swarmed him and he wanted to hit something. His face turned ugly and his hands flew to his head, gripping his own hair, threatening to wrench them out. Brody's fangs protruded from above Brody's top canine teeth and extended over them, covering the length of two canines.

Oh no!!! Brody's enraged and he's a vampire!!! HELP!!!

For the first time in her life, she was truly scared of Brody. Every other time that he had got angry, it had not seemed serious, but this time, it was so serious that Brody's fangs protruded out of instinct. Hannah was so frightened she did not dare say a word to him. Her body was stiff. She was frozen to the spot. She wanted to run. Run out the door. But, her body would not move. Her legs were weak. She felt like all her energy had drained out of her.

The door was so close. If only she could just move a bit, she could escape. She screamed inside for her legs to move. Her mind was in panic mode. She could not believe that the person she loved could turn into such a monster. She had no idea how far the abilities of a vampire extended too, and she was scared. Very, very scared.

She wanted to call out. She wanted to scream. But her mouth stayed shut, as if glued together. She watched as Brody transformed. Transformed into his dark side.