Delayed Awakening - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

<Back to the Present>

Brody and Hannah were just about to kiss when a girl barged into the room. Her mouth wide open and her accusing finger pointed at them.

"What are you doing?!" She exclaimed.

"Who is she?" Hannah asked Brody.

"Lindsay, get out." Brody ordered.

"No! We're engaged and you were about to kiss her!!!" Lindsay exclaimed.

"What? You're engaged?" Hannah questioned.

"She's been following me around all day... She's a bit obsessed with me... I'll tell you more later." Brody explained quickly.

"I am engaged to you!!! And... and... you wouldn't be able to marry her anyway! 'Cause she's not a vampire and we are!!!" Lindsay screamed.

Hannah staggered towards the door and found herself falling into the arms of the judge who looked into her eyes at the choir audition.

Vampire. Vampire. Vampire. They're all freaking vampires!!! The thoughts screamed in her mind as she quickly gathered her bags and rushed past the judge, and out the door.

I have to get out. I have to get out of this school. I have to get as far as I can from this school. Is this a nightmare? 'Cause it seems as though all my childhood horrors are all coming to life. Even my boyfriend is a vampire! What the heck is going on?! First I'm targeted by a bunch of vampires, then I make friends with werewolves who think I might be one too, but I'm not... then my boyfriend is engaged, and he and his fiancé are both vampires too... What the heck is going on???!!!

As Hannah rushed to the exit of the school building, she heard Brody shouting at Lindsay, then a slapping sound. The slap made Hannah wake up from her thoughts. She noticed the judge following her out of the dormitory building. As she neared the gate she started to speak.

"Why are you following me? I don't even know you."

"Oh, but you will, because we are true soul mates."

"What???" Hannah stopped walking at the statement. She turned around to face this guy claiming to be her soul mate.

"My name is Alex, and we are soul mates."

"If anyone's to be my soul mate, it's most likely to be Brody. Not you, a person I don't even know. Oh, don't tell me. I'm just destined to be with a vampire, right? Brody's a vampire. You're a vampire. This is what? A freaking vampire, werewolves and who knows what else school, right?!"

He said nothing. He just looked at her with his pair of stunning hazel eyes. He wore an empathetic look on his face.

"You know what? I am going to walk out of this school and never come back. Never. You hear me? NEVER." Hannah voiced firmly.

"If you walk out of this school with that intent in mind, the next time you come back, you will be hunted and killed." His expression turned serious and his eyes burned. Their eyes locked and Hannah could not stand it for a second more, it was as though those eyes burned into her soul. She looked away, defeated.

"Alright, but I can just go home for a while and think this through, can't I?"

"I suppose."