Delayed Awakening - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

They stood there for a while in silence, and then moved to the bed. They lay down side by side not saying a word.

"You had a shocking day. Didn't you?" Brody decided to break the silence.

"Yeah. I did. But, it doesn't seem too bad now that I think about it. Other than the hunting and killing me part."

Brody laughed hysterically and propped himself up on his elbow.

"Did you really think I'd let that happen?"

"I don't know. Right now, anything seems possible."

Brody smiled and gently touched her face from the forehead to the chin.

"I'll protect you with everything I've got. I love you so much, Hannah."

Hannah smiled.

"I love you too."

They kissed.

"I will find this Ellen person, and get my father to kick her out of the school."

"What? You can do that?"

"My father's the principal of the school. Didn't I tell you that?"

"No. I don't think so."

"Didn't I? I thought I did. Oh well. He is and I'm also going to find that so called soul mate of yours and tell him to back off 'cause you're mine." Brody grinned feverishly. His grin was infectious. Hannah gave a huge grin too.

"Well. I'm ready to meet your parents. I want that bitch, Lindsay, to stay away from my man."

"Hahaha!!! I don't know if you can do that... I told you, she's obsessed."

"Well then, she can look all she wants, but she'll never have you, 'cause your heart belongs to me."

"And yours belongs to me."

"Tell me about your family, Brody. You don't usually mention them, and now I can see why."

"Well... My father's a vampire. My mother's a vampire. My brother and my sister are vampires too."

"Detail! Detail! I know the vampire part!"

Brody laughed at her sudden curiosity.

"My father's a principal, as I told you earlier. My mother's a housewife. My siblings are students as well. I'm the oldest among my siblings."

Hannah jumped up after hearing the sound of the front door opening.

"Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap." Hannah muttered panicking. Hannah's hands started to sweat and she quickly wiped them on her jeans.

"What is it?" Brody asked as he eventually got up. Brody strained to hear the sound of footsteps echoing in the empty hallway. He heard it.

"Alright, looks like this is my cue to go." He got to the window, "Adios babe."

Just as he was about to leap off, the door opened, showing Hannah's mother, Catherine standing there. She immediately saw Brody who was about jump out and quickly rushed past Hannah to him. She put her hands on his shoulder and arm with a frown upon her worry stricken face.

"Whoever you are, you'll get hurt if you jump down from this level." Catherine spoke softly. Brody jumped back onto the floor. The atmosphere was clouded and stiff. Catherine looked back from Brody to Hannah and Hannah kept her eyes to her floor, unsure of what to do or say.