A smile crosses the teenager's face. "I know! But I know physics. I know how to do this. I can't leave those kids out there."

Tony nods, sighing again. "Be safe. Turn back if you can't do it. Your aunt would kill me if she finds out."

Peter quickly hugs Tony, not even giving him a chance to hug him back before he's turning back towards the lake.

"I can do this. You can do this. It's okay," Peter mumbles to himself, carefully lowering himself to the ground. The ice bites into his hands and feet, but he pushes himself forward, carefully crawling along the surface.

It doesn't take as long as he thought, the ice mostly staying together, little cracks spreading through the surface but not enough to fall from under him. He can feel the 5 pairs of eyes watching him slowly slither along the surface.

"Hey," he calls out softly once he gets close to the kids. "I'm Peter. What's your names?"

"Tyler," the little boy says. He's obviously the younger of the two. Soft red curls peaking out from under his Iron Man tuque.

"Sophia," the girl says. She's standing almost protectively in front of her little brother, a determined look on her face.

"I just talked to your parents and I'm going to get you back to them, okay?" the teenager says, giving them a reassuring smile.

They both nod, relaxing easily. Peter's got a pretty trustworthy appearance.

"Tyler, kid, you're going to go first, okay? And then your sister's going to follow. Lie down like how I was and I'm going to push you."

Tyler does as asked, spreading his weight out like a starfish. More cracks spread out underneath his body and Peter knows he has to hurry if they're all going to make it out.

Peter holds onto Tyler's snow boots, pulling himself onto his knees so he can use more of his strength.

"If you don't get all the way to the end, slither like a snake the rest of the way to your parents, okay?"

Tyler's back shudders with a held in sob.

"Tyler, you like Iron Man, right?" Peter asks, knowing he can't delay forever. "Iron Man is right over there. You see him?"

Before Tyler has the chance to respond, Peter uses a good portion of his diminishing strength to push the kid's boots. Tyler goes sliding across the ice, right to where his parents catch him.

Peter knows that someone's going to have to explain Peter's strength to the parents, but currently there's more cracks along the surface, deeper ones as Sophia moves down to her stomach as well.

Peter sighs heavily, making his acceptances. Nobody's behind him to push him to safety. He's not going to get to the other side fast enough.

He does the same thing with Sophia, calming her down as well, though it's less important because all she wants is to get to her little brother.

"Go. Do it. The ice is breaking," she says, voice high and scared.

Peter does the same for Sophia, pushing her across the ice. This time she barely makes it and Peter's already trembling, cold seeping into him through his hands and feet.

"Peter! C'mon!" Tony shouts from the shore, waving towards where the teenager is, watching the ice crack under his knees.

He's not going to make it, but he might as well try.

He pushes himself onto his stomach again, crawling back towards where Tony and the family are waiting in anticipation, but saving the kids, being in the cold, it's taking a toll on him.