Chapter 14.

The Sullivan's real estate office.
11:27 am.

Drine's pov.

It was another day at my amazing job of trying to get my employer out of debts.  I kept finding it baffling how a family as rich as the Sullivans had indebted their main business this much.

"Earth to Drine!!." I heard William say.
"Yes,  Willy I can hear you." I replied continuing my work."
"Lets go down to the restaurant. I am hungry." He declared.
" You could go on your own.  I still have a lot of work to do." I answered.

I heard him push back his seat and suddenly my monitor went black. I lifted my gaze to find my colleague holding the power cable in his hands.

"We are going to eat now." He said. "You really need to relax Drine it's not like u can save this company from  falling to the Bilicks. Even if we pay of all the debts they'll probably just buy the entire enterprise."

Coming to think of it,  it made perfect sense.  The bilicks already had too much of a hold over this company anyways.  It was practically already theirs.

"Fine, I succumb to your very unique way of persuasion." I replied and he nodded approvingly.
I hadn't been here for long but I could tell William was a very smart guy. He just didn't believe he could make a difference in his current position so he took things easy.  Plus he's a really fun guy and easily one of the most popular employees here.

"Speaking of the Bilicks,  I heard Mr. Diohr Bilick is now a cripple." He said as we exited our office.
"What!!! " I yelled in suprise probably louder than necessary, because everyone in the entire hallway stopped and stared at me before resuming their activities.
"Do you mind not pulling so much attention on us next time?" William said with a chuckle.

I found nothing funny in the news I just recieved.  Infact it was anything but funny.

"Where did you hear that?" I requested, a little less loud this time.
"It's the buzz all over the place. You would have heard aswell if you stopped to listen to office gossip." He replied as we got into the elevator.
"So that's why miss Catherine, hasn't Come yet." I reasoned out.
"Yeah. She must be pretty sad. He's her boyfriend after all."

Hearing William say that caused my chest to ache. It's not like I didn't know but I didn't like thinking about them together they looked so perfect.

Why does it even bother you, Hedrine.  You hate the guy remember. You should be happy maybe that ego of his will shrink because of this.  This is good news. But all I felt was more sadness at the thoughts that were going through my head.
I couldn't possibly hate the guy that much could I?

The rest of our elevator ride was silent. William using his cellphone while I stood there having an inner war on if I should be happy or sad.

The elavator doors opened and we set foot into  the lobby and began heading for the main entry-exit doors.
As we walked towards the doors we noticed a jet black limo parked outside. 
"Guess we're about to find out if the rumours are true" said William.

As if on cue, the doors were pushed open by the doorman and in came a man in a dashing navy blue suit that fit him perfectly but the most noticable part of his presence wasn't his bulging muscles, nor was it his shiny black shoes, it was the fact that he sat on a wheelchair.

Indeed it was true, right here right now  Diohr Bilick was in a wheel chair. He was now a cripple.
I felt my already sad mood crumble into one of pain. I felt so sorry for the man.

Why, why are you feeling sad, not like it's your fault he's like that.

The usually active lobby was now a cinema with him being the movie everyone came to see. It felt like the entire room was waiting for the confirmation of the rumours same as I and William were.

He seemed to have no problem with the numerous eyes looking at him. When he was sure he was the center of attention in the room he spoke.

"Where is my personal assistant?" His voice boomed with authority, confidence, and Power. 

There goes any chance of his ego ever depleting. The man seemed his usual commanding self  even in a wheel chair.  One could assume he looked even more confident than before.

The entire room began fidgeting at his question.
"Where is my personal assistant?" He demanded again this time he leaned back into his seat and murmured something to the man who pushed  him in and now stood at his side.

He was dressed in a black suit.  His muscles were even bigger and more pronounced . He was a very big guy, he wore  a on stubble on his chin.  The man looked gentle yet terrifying.
"Where is Miss Hedrine Kesler? " the man enquired from the nearest employee and immediately eyes round the room shot towards my direction.  I could see every one looking at me but I could feel only the stare of two ocean blue orbs burning into me.  I gathered the  courage and met his eyes with mine.  Even from practically across the room I could see them soften as he looked at me, but every other part of his body was still as rigid and commanding as always.

The huge man approached me.
"Mr Bilick wishes to have a meeting with you. If you would be so kind as to follow me."  Those were his words,  apparently this man had no regard for salutations.
I wanted to retaliate, when William placed a hand on my shoulder.  I turned to face him.
"It wouldn't be wise to argue with the richest man in the country in public.  Just go. I'll take care of your work if that's what is holding you back." He said with a smile. 
I looked again into those ocean blue eyes.  It was strange how I could focus on his eyes and ignore everyone  else in the room completely.
He stared back and he nodded.  That seemed enough to make up my mind.

Seems I didn't hate him as much as I thought I did.

I took one last glance a William before I followed the big man in the black suit. 
We stood either side of Diohr in his chair. 
"Thank you for your time." Where the last words he offered before we filled through the exit doors and into the jet black limo.

A/N: Who else felt like Diohr was Royalty in this Chapter??  Maybe  he is or he's just filthy rich.  Well either way .

Dont forget to vote,comment and Share.