Girl Meets Chaos

Thanksgiving had passed and somehow our group got caught in the deadly path I like to call drama lane. Everyone in the group is bickering about not knowing each other. I don't know a lot on what caused this, all I know is someone in the hall way said something to Riley.

I sit in the same spot at Topangas. Everyone sits in silence until finally a conversation starts.

"We always talk to the same people." Riley says trying to continue a conversation from earlier.

"Why can't you let it go Riley?" Maya asks, while slightly turning in her spot so she could see her friend.

"This is a big deal. I cant just drop it." She says. "We don't know each other well enough."

I can tell she wanted to say more and I think we all know what was about to be said. But no one dared speak. We sat in awkward silence till Maya confronted the elephant.

"Well then stop Riley." She starts getting everyones attention. "This is high school. We can't be friends with everyone anymore." Most of the group looks shocked, but I sit still as the truth comes out. "I know you wanna control the world, but you can't juggle it all. We all get it. We're all in high school. It's a lot of work, but riles you can't be everyones best friend."

Riley stands up in slight anger slight sadness. "Peaches." She says casually like nothing happened. "These are our friends. I just want to get to know them better. Is that wrong?"

"No, but.. you know what you do that I'm gonna take a walk." She says then walks out.

Riley slumps back in her chair her eyes looking slightly watery. The room is filled with awkward silence for what feels like forever, but was really like five seconds.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Farkle says as he walks out of the cafe.

Riley looks over at him then back at the ground. "Can I talk to Jess alone." She says and I sit there in shock.

"Me?" I ask as Smakle and Lucus start to head to the door.

"Yeah." She says with a voice crack.

Zay looks down at me and I nod. He walks out and I turn towards Riley. "Ok, it's just us." I say and she lifts her head up to look me in the eyes.

"You have gorgeous green eyes. And its not a good thing that I'm noticing this now." She says and I give her a small smile as I look down at the ground. "Can you sit next to me?" She asks her voice coming out like an innocent child.

"Whatever you need." I say then stand up.