Girl Meets Topangas

Tuesday goes by in the blink of an eye. I watch as the small group of people I know leave Mr Mathews class room. He looks over at me probably wondering why I didn't join them. Then he continues with his lesson. I listen to him talk while wondering how much longer this class would be. When the bell finally rang I walked towards gym class.

Once class started she told us to run the track. Most the class let out a sigh while I was actually exited. Running was something I could do. Wind blowing on my face and the cares of the world behind me, but the second you stop every thought you were avoiding comes right back. I start to run the track not yet actually trying to go fast. I slowly pick up my speed and start to pass people. Thoughts finally escaped my head as I turn the corner. Then I hear footsteps coming up behind me and my name.

"Hey Jess." The voice says out of breath. And I allow myself to slow down a bit. "Its Maya." She says now beside me.

"I'm well aware of who you are." I say and slightly pick up my speed.

"Well um I just wanted to invite you to come to Topangas with us after school. I know Zay has before, but I wanted you to know the offer still stands." She says in between breaths.

"Thanks I'll consider it." I say then I notice that she slowed down, so I pick up my speed again.

When pe ends and I'm back in my normal clothes I head to the lunch room. I sit down with the group and just like always avoid conversation. I listen to students gossiping through the lunchroom wondering why people continue this nonsense. After school I decided to head towards Topangas not expecting to enjoy myself. Once I reach the top of the staircase I run my fingers through my hair, as I start to wonder if I should have come.

I push the door open with a slight sigh. I walk past the group and order myself a beverage. Once I'm handed my drink I walk over to the group. Zay moves over and I sit next to him. We spend the afternoon doing our homework.