Girl Meets New York, New York

Anderson's POV
The weekend is slow and boring. I move into the new foster house Sunday and have to get used to the changes quick. On Monday I dread walking through the crowded halls again. I usually dont hate a town by this point I just feel like the people here will make leaving harder.

The door pushes open to the school and I head straight towards my locker avoiding eye contact with anyone. I mange to make it all the way to lunch without a single soul bothering me. A finger taps my shoulder and I hold back a sigh while I turn towards them. I raise my eyebrows to see Zay.

"What do you want?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"There is a seat at our table for you...that is if you want to join us. IguessyoudonthavetoIjustthoughtI..." I cut him off.

"Holy cow slow down dude." I say angrily. "I'll join you I guess."

"Cool. Follow me." He says and starts walking towards the table I follow after him already regretting joining him.

"Hi I'm Riley." The brown haired overly happy and enthusiastic Matthews girl says with a large smile.

"Farkle." The boy sitting across from her says. I raise my eyebrows. "Yes I said Farkle. Yes that's my name. Yes.." I cut him off.

"Are you really apologising for your name?" I ask sitting down at the end of the table.

"He does that." The tanned cowboy sitting next to zay says. "I'm Lucus." He says.

"Nope its huckleberry." The blonde haired girl in between riley and lucus says. "I'm maya." She says casually.

"Smakle." The brown haired girl in between me and Farkle says.

"Alright then." I say and take a sip of my water.

"Your name?" Maya asks and I look up at her.

"Jess." I say and ignore Zays sudden expression change knowing that I'll talk to him about it during ballet.

The day goes by pretty slow. Ballet was over all uneventful, but when class is over Zay pulls me aside.

"You should come to Topangas." He says with a smile while he pulls his bag onto his shoulder.

"Where now?" I ask him trying to hide the confusion peeping through.

"Its a cafe we all hang out at. Come on." He says being awfully un descriptive. I put that aside and come up with a good excuse.

"I'm still unpacking. Maybe next time cowboy." I say adding a small fake smile trying to finish up the conversation.

"See you tomorrow?" He says disappointment flowing out of his voice.

"Yep." I say with a slight wave as I walk away over all just glad he didn't bring up my name, or the past.

I push open the school doors and push a strand of hair behind her ear. I make my way down the streets and into the small apartment that I call 'home'. My foster mom sits at the dining room table flipping through a book.

"Hey there honey how was school?" She asks with a bright smile.

"Fine." I sigh pulling a bottle water out of the fridge. "I'm gonna go work on my homework." I say walking away and fully tune out her reply.

I make my way to the bright room that I'm supposed to feel at home in. Although I dont ever see that happening, just like I don't see them being interested in adoption, I wont break there hearts quite yet. I take it the scrunchie that held up the perfect ballet bun to reveal my thick frizz ball mess of hair. Many foster parents have called it shameful and hideous, but I guess part of me still sees the reflection of my mom when I look in the mirror. And although she wasn't the best she was my rock. When she crumbled my dad found every way to blame it all on me, so I quess seeing her has its downsides. I grab a change of clothes then head into my bathroom to take a quick shower, wishing that I wouldn't have let my focus slip back to my parents. I catch a tear on my oddly pale hand then stop another one as it tries to escape my eye.

"Honey." A voice says from the hallway that causes me to jump.

"Yes." I say wishing she would just use my name.

"I'm heading to the store. Will you be ok without me?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Yes." I respond.

"Alright I'll be right back." She says then I listen as her footsteps echo down the stairs.

A/N
Slight backstory. I wanna slowly introduce her backstory and this chapter was kinda short without it...so it's here. Also I'm trying to keep this story in just one point of view, although occasionally I will switch. If you have something you think I should add to the story let me know.

And feel free to recommend stories on my page(not the comments).