Girl Meets Thanksgiving

I climb up the steps to the roof where the rest of the group already waits. Pushing open the door heads turn towards me.

"Welcome Jess. We were just getting ready to start." Riley says with a smile as I walk towards the group.

I sit down at the table looking at the small group of people wondering how I got myself dragged into this mess. I've always kept myself away from people. Getting attached is the worst possible thing I could do to myself, cause I know that once I do I have to leave. But somehow, just like before, the cowboys end up making me feel at home. And I quess that sometimes the world just knows what its doing.

"So we are all going to go around the table and say what we are thankful for. I'll start." Riley says with a big smile that makes me wonder if it's really just for show and is covering up some deep emotions. "I'm thankful that my friends could spend the day before Thanksgiving with me. And I'm also thankful for all of you in general." She says then looks over at Maya who shrugs.

"Um. I'm thankful for everything that's happened this year. A lot has changed and I'm just glad we are all still friends in high school." She says than looks at Lucus(huckleberry).

"Right I'm thankful for New York and my amazing friends who shaped me into who I am today. I'm also thankful for making the football team." He says and looks across the table at Zay.

"I'm thankful for Jess and Smakle. I know that I just recently joined the group, but its nice to know that even during our high school years we have opportunities to meet new people." He says then looks over at me I give him a soft smile then look around the table.

"I'm thankful for this. For the group of friends who let me in and for the Thanksgiving dinner Riley put together." I say than turn towards Farkle.

"I'm thankful for being able to learn new things. I'm also thankful for people in my life who support me and help me reach my goals. I'm also thankful for Smakle. I don't know what high school would be like without you and I'm glad that I don't have to." He says looking at Smakle.

"Thank you. I'm also thankful for you." She says still looking at Farkle than she looks out at the group. "I'm also thankful for the support I get while I'm working on some things." She says.

"I'm thankful your still in New York." Maya says looking over at Riley. "So I'm thankful for Topanga and Cory." She continues.

A/n
Once again happy late Thanksgiving. This was kinda inspired by the Boy Meets World episode Turky Day.