32. Going Home

M A Y A

It's been quite the adventure trying to put a newborn in clothes.  Kane has been pushing away his shirt, pants and pretty much anything you put in his way.

I find it hilarious seeing Lucas struggling to put on his clothes. An 18 year old fighting with a 4 day old baby.

And the baby is winning.

He finally gives up and makes me try and put the clothes on him.

"There is now way you can pu-"
"Did it!" I exclaim, cutting Lucas off.

"How?" I giggle.
"Mommy power. "

Lucas smiles, putting an arm around my waist, kissing my cheek. I smile, leaning in to his.

"Im so proud of you maya. " he says low into my ear.

I bite my lip, turning to face him.

"Couldnt have dont it without you. "

I pull him down and place my lips on his.

He turns his head and deepens the kiss, his hands trailing down to my hips.

I push myself up against him, making him groan into the kiss.

I giggle, pulling away from
him, grabbing the baby.

Lucas stands there, wanting more probably but I just wink, turning my attention back to Kane.

"When your older, we are going to have so much fun messing with your daddy. " I whisper to Kane, making him smile.

I place a gentle kiss on his forehead, hearing him giggle lightly. That is a sound i will never get tired of.

--
We check out of the hospital,  getting a few compliments from the workers.  I never realized how amazing this could actually turn out to be.

I'm pushing the stroller while Lucas has all the bags.

I put kane in his carseat,  making sure he is comfortable and smile down at him, rubbing his little cheek.

His bright, blue eyes stare up at me. His adorable little nose scrunches up and he smiles the biggest smile.

Who knew being a mom would be this .. great.

Lucas wraps his arms around my waist, placing a gentle kiss under my ear, sending shivers down me.

"Well, let's get out of here. "I turn around and smile at Lucas, hoping in the passenger seat, Lucas going in the drivers not much longer.

---
We get home, open the door and are surprised by family and friends.

"Welcome home!" Everyone cheers. Riley comes up to me and gives me a big hug.

"Riles, you did this?" I ask, tears swelling my eyes. 

She nods her head.

"Surprise peaches."she exclaimes

I smile as she pulls me in for another hug.

Everyone welcomes us and it makes me feel all loved and happy.

''
After an hour someone taps my shoulder, making me jump startled.

"Hey Josh." I smile lightly.

Oh god, why?