bonus: euphoria

when i'm with you i'm in utopia.

it was a rainy saturday afternoon

fiddling with his calloused fingers, jungkook gazed  at a foggy window as he remembered the first time he met v, the rising actor whose interest to get to know him was just as big as his interest to collect paralyzed. it was almost as if it was love at first sight — something that the young man had never believed, not even in a million years.

and yet, here he was, exactly two weeks after the exhibition,

waiting for the older to arrive for their first date at the restaurant he used to go for jimin's bad blind dates.

do i look okay?

it's raining, can he escape the traffic?

will he enjoy the chamomile tea i ordered for him?

each of jungkook's pulse, throb and palpitation were engraved by these questions, until,

"sorry, i'm late."

jungkook couldn't explain how good it felt to look up across the room and saw him standing there, clothes slightly drenched by the rain and a smile warmer than the sun.

"no, it's okay," he shook his head, eyes still fixated on v's handsome figure as the older took a seat. "i ordered you hot tea, is that alright?"

"of course, that's very kind of you," v nodded, slightly blushing.

three cups of hot tea and thousands of deep conversation later, jungkook finally gathered the courage and said,

"you know what, v-sshi," he scanned the man before him, all his features and his tones. "you really look like this person i once knew— i mean, i guess i once knew."

"and who is that?" v rested his chin on top of his elbow, feeling as engrossed than ever.

"remember the man i painted on paralyzed?" he continued. "him. someone that reminds me of art, science . . . and everything in between."

"well, i'd love to know more."

and just like that, the tragic love story between two centuries resurfaced,

becoming an amor fati that metastasized within the universe.