sixteen [part ii]

taehyung woke up to the sound of a cry.

fluttering his eyes open, jungkook was seen sleeping on the couch next to his bed, soft sobs escaping his mouth from what seemed to be a nightmare. there were strange pipes and tubes surrounding the mattress, along with the smell of unrecognisable medicines lingering through the air. until then, taehyung finally realised, he had survived a stabbing arrow.

the wooden stick that was once stuck between his body had been taken out, replaced with a couple of band aids that a healer must have put on. the pain had also gradually subsided. if there was one thing he could guess, this gloomy bedroom must be some sort of a recovering haven.

it didn't take long until jungkook stirred on the sofa, waking up to the sight of taehyung smiling at him. and it was worth it, every second, because the most painful goodbyes would be the ones that were never said and explained, and jungkook wasn't very sure if he could live a life without his hanbok man.

a giggle soon escaped his plump lips, the thoughts of losing each other being pushed to the farthest edge of his mind, relieved that the person who taught him love was back to teach him even more.

"hi,"

"hi."

"how are you feeling?" jungkook stood up, pressing the doctor's bell for a check up.

"not my best," taehyung pouted lazily. "did you bring me here?"

with that, the art student stayed still.

perhaps it was self-centred, but jungkook still remembered how taehyung completely fell in his arms — bedazzlement and mortification were most likely the things that came across. he didn't want to make a wrong move and hurt him even further, but he knew he had to play around with death. so, there was only one way to solve the puzzle: calling his general surgeon of an older brother, jeon wonwoo

"my brother worked at this hospital," jungkook slowly creeped his hands to hold taehyung's. "i brought you here after he recommended it — you'll see him in a minute."

taehyung nodded in understanding. 

but what is a hospital?

a long silence then filled the entirety of this room, until something clicked inside taehyung's head. "u-uh, jungkook?" 

"yeah?"

"i haven't explain to you about the arrow and who i really am . . ."

i am not the person you should associate with, taehyung sighed. you make me feel like i am a galaxy, but at the end of the day, i have to keep myself reminded that i am a single star. 

taehyung believed he should be prepared for a war, until,

"you don't have to," taehyung felt jungkook's hands tightened around his own, a slight hint of pain glistening from behind his doe eyes. "i know."

second part of the chapter! we're halfway done with the story, & i'm really excited to start yet another book ♡