eleven

it almost felt like spring day.

after bidding the min family goodbye, jungkook and taehyung were once again seated inside a bus, heading to seoul with full hearts and fears of never meeting each other again. because the moment when this vehicle stopped, then what? 

would fate still let them walk side by side, or would they have to walk on their own?

to say that jungkook liked taehyung would be the incorrect term. he did enjoy being with his hanbok man, traveling through the suburbs and having the times of his life like there was no tomorrow. hell, he even had the audacity to brought him flowers. but this was nothing but a secret. this was nothing but their own little world.

because sooner or later, whether he wanted it or not, he would have to go back to real life, where he belonged with inks and canvas and the present, and taehyung would have to find a way to go back to his kingdom of silla, wherever it was. 

and the same thing went with taehyung. he couldn't lie that his stomach had been fluttering non-stop ever since they crossed paths. but he knew that he missed being a crown prince. he was made for the throne,

he was made for the past.

jungkook still remembered what happened back at the blood sausage soup restaurant. how mrs. min asked them about their first meeting, their relationship, and how he had to explain about the whole fake boyfriend act with a heavy heart. was it wrong that somehow, under his unconscious consciousness, that he wished for them to be real?

watching yoongi, hyejin and taehyung converse about the tasty meal from afar, jungkook casually walked out of the restaurant with mrs. min, whose peripheral version kept locked between the youngsters who knew nothing and everything about the real world. 

"take care on your way home," mrs. min stopped on her track, suddenly reaching out to hand him cold banana milks with a stifled laugh. "it's gonna be a long ride, so drink these when you feel hungry. i knew you've been eyeing hyejin's drink for the past hour."

"ah," jungkook shyly caressed the back of his neck. "you don't have to do this, noona."

"i want to . . . and, oh, jungkook?"

"yes?"

"don't give up on taehyung," she flashed a quick smile. "i can sense soulmates. i mean, yoongi didn't and look where we are now. good luck!"

god, just thinking about it already turned his cheeks crimson.

none of them started a conversation until the bus turned stagnant. stepping out of the vehicle, jungkook and taehyung threw the empty bottles of their milk and moved forward, not exactly sure of which direction to head. all they could see was the complex of korea national university of arts.

"so . . ." jungkook bit his lip. "are you going home after this?"

"i guess," taehyung nodded, trying his best not to burst into tears.

"do you know where home is?"

he shook his head.

realising that both of them weren't in the best mood (jungkook was just better at hiding it), he fished out his phone and opened google map. "well, should i escort you?" 

it wasn't until the app loaded that jungkook realised taehyung had stopped following him. "no, don't. i can make it on my own. you belong-" he pointed at the large building before them. "there."

" . . . right."

"goodbye, then," taehyung's lips turned into a rectangular shape — oh, just how much jungkook missed seeing his smile — hands waving back and forth to bid his farewell. "thank you for taking me to the beach. i mean, i honestly couldn't thank you enough for that."

jungkook shook his head and giggled. "it's not a big deal, really. m-maybe i'll see you soon?"

"i, uh, i'd very much like that-" taehyung replied before sprinting past the younger man, wishing that he could get out of this tricky situation without hurting their feelings. 

"hanbok man, wait!"

but taehyung never waited. 

instead of turning his body and comforting jungkook's already teary self, taehyung walked as fast as he could wherever his feet decided to bring him. it was funny how all eyes were on him, probably thinking why the hell would a man in traditional clothes run for his life in the middle of two p.m. sun, but he couldn't care less. all he wanted right now was to disappear.

taehyung tightly clutched onto his father's pendant, fighting back the tears as he begged the gods above — or whoever had been controlling his time traveling journey — to transport him back to the palace. 

please, please, please! i'm begging you! he continued without thinking about which route he took, before finding the nearest ally to break down in desperation.

"father," he let go of the slippery locket chain, falling down the pavements with a thud. "i'm sorry for disappointing you."

as taehyung's sobs turned louder and louder, the familiar light that twice engulfed him into the portal of time gradually made a reappearance. taehyung still couldn't understand the system of his travel, but however it was supposed to happen, he knew for sure that his stay here had come to an end.

so, he fluttered his eyes shut, embracing their tragic fate until there was no more of present kim taehyung. every inch of his body was vanishing into a rain of ashes, disappearing along the wind of seoul he knew he would miss. this was it. this was the end. 

and then, just like that,

he was gone.

but little did taehyung know that jungkook had been trailing behind all along, watching every single step of the supernatural configuration in absolute horror.

exams are over & i'm so happy to get myself busy with wattpad again! please make sure to press vote & comment- make your homegirl happy, will you? hehe 

p.s. did you watch the first two episodes of burn the stage?

p.p.s. i sobbed like a baby when i did. sigh.