eighteen

"hanbok man, where are we?—"

"—don't tell me that i just transported myself to . . ."

hesitation was present through the shadows of his gaze.

"jungkook, run!" contemplating for the last time, before any of the arrows could pierce through their bodies, taehyung didn't think twice to grab ahold of jungkook's hand as they made a run towards where he last saw his people.

"then i'm coming with you."

with very little image recollections of silla kingdom — for he had only seen it in paintings — impulsively, jungkook copied taehyung's gestures and draped him in a protecting hug, unexpectedly opening a new portal was ready to take a different turn. and then,

"jungkook, no!—"

it was evident how much jungkook loved his presence, until taehyung came around and made him realise that the past wasn't as bad as he thought. the only problem was that the impulsive decision he just made, was eventually forcing him to experience it firsthand.

"shit!"

"jungkook, what is shit—"

"—if this is what you call silla, then i'm surely not coming back!" running out of breath, jungkook and taehyung stopped behind a tree after the enemies were nowhere in sight. "how do you even dodge these fucking arrows with your body? won't you need a bulletproof vest or something?"

"the t-thing is, you d-don't," taehyung rested his hands against his hips, trying his best not to sound like a dying animal. "welcome to my present."

"so, what are we going to do now?"

"n-now?" he raised one of his eyebrows, realising that he had no idea of his ahro, yeowool and guard shin's whereabouts. "i'm not very sure."

"fucking great."

"don't get your anger out on me!"

ignoring taehyung's plea, jungkook looked around to see a long river stream that could lead them to a forest. it was honestly the first time he had ever seen an actual forest — the camping sites from his high school trip excluded — and instead of feeling intimidated, it would be a lie if the whole situation didn't wake up the adrenaline rush inside him. 

"hanbok man, do you know where that forest can get us to?" jungkook pointed at the group of pine trees, eyes sparkling in excitement.

"huh?" following the younger's index finger, taehyung scratched the back of his head in confusion. "the sea . . . i guess?"

until something clicked inside his mind.

wrapping his arms around jungkook's neck, taehyung immediately started jumping up and down, knowing that the end of the tunnel was just around the corner. "oh my god, jungkook, you're such an intelligent thinker!"

"w-what, why? what did i just do?" he blinked profusely. 

"if my people did manage to evacuate, they were most likely heading to the sea!" taehyung let go as he grinned. "i remember building a harbour so that they can travel away from silla. there must be thousands of them camping on the shores as they wait for china and japan's boats to arrive! jungkook, you just saved us from goryeo's wrath!"

"i d-did?"

as the younger stood frozen on his place, taehyung didn't take long as he moved to intertwine their fingers together, ready to begin a new adventure. "alright, let's go!"

little did taehyung know that it did things to jungkook's heart.

hello! how is everyone doing today?

i just got my wanna one ticket secured & i'm so excited for july! 

also, happy ramadan mubarak to all of my fellow muslims! don't forget to vote for BBMAs whenever you have the time, stream fake love's first teaser & refrain yourself from looking at your oppa's abs until you break your fast, hehe ♡