nine

watching the downpour embraced eleven p.m. seoul, kim taehyung realised he had fallen for this city like rain on pavement. the lights, the people, the future — slowly but surely, it became a newfound reality he forgot was only a dream. 

and with jeon jungkook sitting by his side, taking small sips of banana milk upon his beautiful existence, every moment spent together was even more magical.

i'm sorry for not feeling sorry at all, taehyung breathed to no one in particular, though it was indirectly spoken for his mother and the nation of silla he unintentionally left behind. please understand that my mind is a mess, but i'm trying regardless.

thousands of questions were fluttering inside his head, begging to be answered as the rain came into a halt. he knew there was something grave behind these incidents — all these time traveling sequences he never knew existed. what he received from his past was nothing but oppression and denial, when all he ever needed was certainty.

just why was it so difficult to comprehend?

stopping his feet from tapping the ground, jungkook stood up from his bench and threw his milk carton over the nearest bin, eyes glancing at the older man before looking up to the empty road. they were currently taking shelter under a bus stop — the exact same bus stop where they last parted as a couple.

a blinding light suddenly attacked their peripheral visions, signalling that another bus was yet stopping by to pick up its night owls. without further due, jungkook reached out his hand to be held, as if it was a reassurance that he would protect him with every last bit of his conscience. "let's go, hanbok man."

"huh?"

jungkook paused for a laugh, obviously aware that they were repeating the same confusing cycle all over again.

"this is the last bus, and i'm taking you on an adventure," he reached out his hand even further, in which taehyung eventually took after a minute of contradiction.

taehyung watched jungkook leading them inside the vehicle — he never knew a rectangular-shaped iron could actually to replace his precious horses, though he wasn't complaining — and pressing a thin card against a small monitor, most likely a futuristic form of payment for using the accommodation. it would be a lie to say he wasn't thoroughly amused.

seconds later, they were seated at the very back of the bus, with taehyung sitting by the right window and jungkook on the opposite. despite of the chilly night air that cascaded their bodies, it was also the season of being lost and found, where the moon was calling and a heart meeting its half.

it was funny how taehyung had been taught  to act preserved to the strangers he had never met ever since he was little, and yet here he was, being more than willing to go anywhere with the man he had only encountered twice.