T.W.E.N.T.Y._.F.O.U.R

(T⌓T)

Zane's head was racing with so many thoughts at a time. Zane was out of little space for about five hours now and all because of a stupid nightmare that gave him a stupid panic attack. His head pounded as he struggled to catch his breath once more. A few lonely tears found their way out of Zane's eyes and replaced the dried ones with a new set. Zane absolutely hates when this happens. When he wakes up not being able to breathe. Not being able to control the tears rapidly falling down his cheeks. Not being able to keep the bad thoughts out of his head. He absolutely hates it.

Sitting with his head buried in his knees has become an all too familiar position for Zane over the years.

3:00 am wasn't really the ideal hour to be awake. Especially for a little, like Zane. Nighttime was a scary place for the raven haired male. The night is where bad things happen. the night is where Zane remembers things he tries his damn best to forget. He remembers all his regrets. He remembers the pain he has felt in the past. He remembers trying his best to be someone he wasn't. Zane just wanted someone to talk to. Someone to help him when these kind of stuff happen.

Zane glanced at his phone. Did he have someone? Was Travis that someone?

Zane immediately shook the thought out of his head. Zane already felt so bad about liking Travis more than a friend and being the cause of his break up with his girlfriend. But Travis was his caregiver, after all. Even one of Zane's rules was 'Tell daddy when something's wrong'. But that did not apply to Zane when he was in big space. Or did it?

Travis had a girlfriend and stopped being a flirty person with other girls until he started flirting and getting closer too Zane. Travis had his life together and Zane was the string that pulled it apart. That thought alone made Zane want to pull his hair out.

Zane picked up his phone and took a deep breath. He was really going to do this. He was going to call Travis.

Ringing...

"Hello?"

There was something about that. About how raspy and deep Travis's voice was. Zane would rather die than admit he had felt a tingle in his stomach and blush forming on his face. But there was something else though. He called Travis at three in the fucking morning. Travis was probably having a very nice dream and Zane had woken him up from it.

"..."

Zane could not find any words to say. His mouth was open, but no words were coming out. The best he could do was make an almost silent noise of hopelessness and struggle. Before he knew it, Zane began sobbing into the phone. Zane blames himself for being so overly sensitive about everything. Just like he blames himself for everything else, even if it was not his own fault.

"Zane? Honey, you ok? Please don't cry" Travis's worried voice spoke.

"I-I'm so sorry, Travis. You w-were sleeping and-and I woke you up because something s-stupid. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have called" Zane could not stop apologizing. He truly was sorry. But he had nothing to be sorry for. Still, Zane had felt guilt in his system. The broken tone in Zane's voice broke Travis's heart.

"Nonono. Zane, it's okay" Travis said, trying to calm Zane down as much as possible.

"You're not mad?" Zane sniffled.

"Of course not, baby. Want me to come over?"

"Yes please"

⊙△⊙

Zane opened his front door and immediately hugged Travis. He buried his head into the taller's chest. It was a quiet hugging moment for the two. So quiet, Zane could hear Travis's heartbeat. Zane felt so unbelievably safe in Travis's arms. Just being hugged by Travis made Zane feel calm.

⊙△⊙

Travis and Zane were both seated by Zane's kitchen table. Travis's head leaned on his hand, looking at Zane. Zane nervously tapped the table constantly, not knowing what to say, and staring down at the table. Travis reached his hand towards Zane's and lightly took hold of it.

"Zane" Travis started.

"You know you can tell me anything right? Not only because I'm your caregiver, but because you trust me. I know you trust me because if you didn't, you wouldn't have called me" Travis finished. Zane looked up from the table.

"I woke up from a nightmare and had a panic attack" Zane said, feeling guilty again for having Travis worried about something so stupid.

"It's stupid, I know" He expected Travis to yell at him. But Travis did the exact opposite. Travis put on a sympathetic look and took Zane's other hand.

"It's not stupid at all, Zane. I care about your safety. I want you to feel safe even in your dreams." Travis said.

"Still, I'm sorry for waking you up" Zane said. Travis shook his head.

"Don't be, I would rather be awake and comforting you than being asleep and you suffer all night"

Zane could honestly cry right now. No one has ever been this nice to Zane before. Not even Aphmau. Zane felt a warm feeling around his body. An at-home feeling. Something he has never felt before. Zane felt like he could do anything, as long as Travis was by his side. Zane stared into the emerald coloured eyes of the other. He wanted to drown in those eyes. Get lost in them.

"Thank you, Travis. I really appreciate what you've done for me." Zane said with a shy smile on his face.

"Don't worry about it" Travis said, smiling back.

Zane looked down at their hands. He took a deep breath.

"Travis, there's something that I want to tell you. Something I've felt for a while. But you need to promise me you won't abandon me" Zane said. Travis's smile faded.

"I would never abandon you Zane. I promise I'll stay by your side no matter what"

"I..."

Zane bit his lip.

"I like you, Travis"

ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡