T.H.I.R.T.E.E.N

Zane waited patiently for Travis to return. He didn't know why Travis left, nor did he know why he wanted Travis to come back. Zane wouldn't say it out loud, but the fact that Travis would be a great caregiver has crossed his mind. 

Multiple times.

Zane just quietly played with peachy while he waited. "Do you think Travis would be a good caregiver?" Zane asked Peachy. 

Of course, he will be. And he'll be yours soon. I can tell how much he means to you.

Zane's face burst red. "Shush!" he exclaimed as he covered the stuffed bear's mouth. "Someone might hear you" he whispered. Just then, Travis came through the door, making Zane let out a startled yelp. Travis chuckled. "Did I scare you, Zane?" He cooed. Zane silently nodded. Travis walked over and ruffled Zane's hair, making him pout.

"Why did 'have to go?" Zane asked. Travis hesitated before answering. "I broke up with Kaitlyn"

Zane gasped. "Why?" he asked. "I just couldn't be with her anymore" Travis replied. Zane replied with a quiet 'oh'. Zane lowered his head and whispered, "Is Zane fault?" Travis held Zane's face in his hands and lifted his head up. "Of course it's not your fault Zane." He said.

Zane still felt like it was his fault. If Zane didn't tell Travis about what Kaitlyn said, then they'd still be together.

Right?