- 33 Just marry me already

[No tumblr gif]

Just marry me already

Indeed, Jeongguk does arrive later that day, when night falls upon Seoul. Tired, the idol thinks he really needs to get some rest for tomorrow, as he digs his keys into the keyhole with a little trouble at first, unlocking his door and going inside. What strikes him as odd is that the house appears cleaner – it’s weird, he usually hires a maid for a day to polish his floor so gland that he can see his own reflection if he looks down to it, amongst other things. The other odd thing is that there is a distinct smell of food coming from the kitchen.

Jeongguk takes his winter jacket off and hangs it on the coat hanger, then follows the scent down the hall and to the kitchen. He peeks in first and doesn’t say anything, standing there in surprise and just staring at the figure by the stove.

Taehyung was standing there and wearing a white shirt with– wait, are those red booty shorts? Jeongguk can’t really tell from afar, but they are definitely short and they are definitely hugging Taehyung’s ass in the best way possible (he doesn’t know if that’s to blame on Taehyung or the article of clothing). They’re not short enough to the point something is hanging out, but they do accentuate the fullness.

Not to mention that Taehyung is wearing an apron. A white apron is slung over his neck and tied to the small of his back as he hums a tune to himself and moves around the kitchen like he’s had the time to get acquainted  with it. He appears to be cooking.

“Tae?” Jeongguk decides to call and Taehyung turns around, a smile on his face. He doesn’t seem surprised to see him, probably because he heard the door open.

“How’d you get here?” Jeongguk asks as he approaches him, not minding at all that his boyfriend is in his house without any warning. He notices that on the front of the apron, with capital red letters, there is written “the man” with an arrow pointing up to his face, while beneath it there is written “the legend” with an arrow pointing to his crotch. Jeongguk promptly smiles in amusement, figuring Taehyung would have an apron like that.

“I came here while Yoongi-hyung and the others were on their investigation, so I took the opportunity to make my apology for not supporting you today,” Taehyung says as he winds his arms around Jeongguk’s neck with a grin. The idol notices that Taehyung’s hair is much redder in person that it was in the picture – the filter probably drew the color out.

“I hope you accept a meal as an apology. I made mandu and tteokbokki! And the bulgogi is almost finished too,” Taehyung is smiling brightly and Jeongguk grins, leaning in and pecking his lover’s lips while warmth spreads throughout his chest at the kind gesture.

“I couldn’t have asked for more,” he said and Taehyung giggles against the kiss, before gripping his arm.

“Now go take a shower and be back in fifteen minutes. Dinner’s gonna be ready,” he said.

Jeongguk did as he was told and halfway through his shower, he thought of how this day couldn’t have taken a better turn that this. Coming home to his lover cooking him dinner, smiling so beautifully and wearing goddamn short shorts. Okay, don’t think about Jeongguk, he tries to reason, not really in the mood to jack off in the shower when an ethereal being like Taehyung is waiting for him downstairs.

Coming out of the shower, Jeongguk decides to go for a simple white shirt and some old basketball shorts he has laying around and wears around the house when it’s too hot. He notices that Taehyung likes really warm temperature in the winter – hot to the point you would dress like it’s summer. Jeongguk didn’t come around to asking him why does he prefer that.

He goes down the stairs and once again stops when he’s at the doorframe of the kitchen – this time around, Taehyung had taken off the apron and cast it somewhere aside, left only in the shirt that Jeongguk notices is too loose now. It falls beneath his collarbones and it’s so thin that he can see Taehyung’s nipples peek through the material and okay, concentrate, Jeon, concentrate. Up close, the short shorts are, Jeongguk realizes, made of satin and they have two white lines going up the sides of the thighs. Concentrate.

Taehyung had set up the table and there was so much food that Jeongguk thinks the meal would be more appropriate for five-seven people, rather than two. Seokjin must’ve taught Taehyung to cook, because the food is delicious and it reminds Jeongguk of the homemade meals his mother would make back in his hometown of Busan. He falls in love a tiny bit more.

“Did you clean the house, by the way? Or are my eyes fooling me?” Jeongguk asks as they eat and Taehyung giggles a bit.

“Nah, I did clean a little. Had extra time after I made the sweets,” he explains and Jeongguk’s attention perks up again.

“Sweets?” He asks.

“Oh yeah, I made hodu-gwaja too,” Taehyung answered, smiling innocently.

Just marry me already, Jeongguk thinks to himself.

In the end, Taehyung ends up explaining to Jeongguk what Yoongi, Seokjin and Hoseok managed to find that day and told him about how they’ll track the person that took the photos. Jeongguk told him about Jimin’s situation and they talked for a few hours before they decided to clean up. The remaining food was placed in the fridge and as Taehyung was putting the used dishes in the dishwasher, Jeongguk came up behind him and peppered his nape with kisses. Taehyung shooed him to the living room before he got distracted.

Later that night, they were curled up on the couch and watching Hwarang, eating the homemade hodu-gwaja and drinking wine. For all intents and purposes – they looked like an old married couple.

“How do I look with the long hair?” Taehyung asks as he gestures to the screen and Jeongguk chuckles, kissing his head. “Amazing. You look good with any hairstyle, babe,” he said and Taehyung smiles cheekily.

“We didn’t have to watch re-runs just because I’m in the drama, Guk,” Taehyung then said.

“Don’t be ridiculous, I love seeing your face on the screen,” Jeongguk said, his hand resting on Taehyung’s ass– I mean, rather nice satin short shorts, “For a rookie, your acting is top notch. You should become a fulltime actor.”

Taehyung chuckles and then presses close, kissing Jeongguk and sighing in content against his lips. “I swear, this is why I love you,” he muttered, without much thought.

He didn’t realize what he said until Jeongguk pulls back and stares at him in shock. Just then, the words sink in and Taehyung’s eyes widen, his body automatically pulling back. He regrets it when he sees a flash of hurt cross Jeongguk’s features, but it’s gone rather quickly and replaced with a look of worry. “Oh my god, I didn’t mean–” Taehyung began, then quickly sealed his mouth shut. The rest of his sentence hung in the air.

Jeongguk was either not hurt or just hiding it really well, as he reaches out and places his hands on Taehyung’s shoulder. “Hey, it’s okay. I get, it just slipped out,” Jeongguk said and he smiles in an assuring way, so sweetly it makes Taehyung’s heart jump in his chest and he just thinks what did I do in my past life to deserve this man?

He wants to say “It didn’t slip out, I meant it,” but his feelings aren’t clear in head currently and he needs just a bit more time to get things straight with himself. He can only nod at Jeongguk’s words, but he can’t slip back into his embrace because it feels uncomfortable now. Jeongguk wanted to reach out again, but he stops his hand midway through and then retreats it back, not wanting to make the other even more uneasy.

Taehyung only stands up from the couch, saying something about taking a shower and wanting to sleep. He left Jeongguk alone to watch the rest of the episode of Hwarang, eat the cold hodu-gwaja and drink the rest of the wine on his own, in hopes it will wash the problems away.

That night, Taehyung slept in the guest room.