- 26 Date

Date

Date

"Well, why don't you tell him?" Taehyung said, now genuinely curious.

Baekhyun sighs. One of those sighs that raises the shoulders and leaves his arms trembling as he tries to shrug it off nonchalantly. "We're EXO... I-I can't just ruin something like that. And we're leaving to Japan in an hour and I don't know what to do," he blurts out.

Taehyung feels odd. It's like he's the older one in this situation and now he understands why Baekhyun wants to talk to him right now. "It's not about EXO, I think," he says and Baekhyun looks at him. "Wait; is this about the same person you were with for so long? Is it about Ch-?"

And Baekhyun rapidly nods his head, cutting Taehyung off of his sentence. "At first, I really thought I just missed his dick, nothing else," he sighs with a poetic air and Taehyung splutters at how nonchalant the idol is being. Reminds him of someone. "But I actually miss the hugs, kisses... all of that. It's my fault that I pushed him away, because I didn't want to give it a chance. While on the other hand, he was willing to give the world to me."

Baekhyun sighs again, but this time his shoulders drop and he looks to the ground, brushing his eyes before he tears up in the middle of the studio. Taehyung takes his hand and leads him to the makeup room. Thankfully, it's empty, so they can sit down and talk more clearly and more privately. He holds Baekhyun's hands to console him and he feels bad to see the idol so broken.

"Did you listen to Ex'Act? The signed copy I sent you?" Baekhyun asks suddenly and Taehyung nods. He rubs soothing circles into Baekhyun's skin as he waits for him to continue, "Have you listened to Heaven?"

"Yeah, you sang so well in it," Taehyung smiles, "The lyrics are gorgeous too."

"He said he wrote it for me," Baekhyun blurts out and Taehyung stills, eyes widening, "He said he wanted to give me a gift for... for being his angel. Even if I didn't love him back."

It wasn't uncommon for artists to write songs for loved ones in mind, but that was a confession. A soulful one too - all feelings poured into something so sweet and majestic. And to think that such a beautiful song was born out of rejection of love.

"And then," Baekhyun said, brushing his tears away and now he's smiling. "I just realized it now, Tae. Why I was so desperate to fall in love with him."

Taehyung looks at him, waiting for him to continue. What Baekhyun is saying is similar to what he's experiencing right now and maybe another view will help him open his eyes a little. It can be difficult to talk to friends who already know everything and something like this is a second opinion. He stares at the idol, waits for him to speak and after hesitating for a while, Baekhyun looks at him. He squeezes his hands and smiles, eyes teary, before saying:

"It's because I already am."

The world slows down in front of Taehyung's eyes.

"I'm already his, Taehyung," Baekhyun smiles, "I'm desperate to fall in love, but that's because I already feel something even more than that. But falling in love means that we do things together. We kiss, cuddle, hold hands, and go on dates... It's not a feeling, it's an experience. One that can last a lifetime. I already love him, but falling in love means we get to be in love together. Falling in love means that we get to share it with each other, not hold it in."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The door slides open and Jeon Jeongguk peeks in, brown hair bouncing a bit. "Um... am I interrupting?" He asks and Baekhyun shakes his head, standing from his seat. He hugs Taehyung close, he tells him "I think I'm ready to fall in love now," thanks him for listening and then leaves the room with a goodbye directed to Jeongguk as well. Taehyung is shell shocked by the time Jeongguk is entering and closing the door.

"Babe?" He calls and it sounds like it's out of habit now, unintentional and like second nature. Taehyung stands from his seat and approaches his "boyfriend."

So falling in love means confessing? He thinks, just as Jeongguk pulls him close by the waist and kisses his lips gently, chastely. There is no audience for the affection to be needed, but it's there and it makes Taehyung's whole being buzz in appreciation.

"So-" Jeongguk starts.

"Let's go on a date," Taehyung cuts him off, looking straight into his eyes.

Jeongguk stares at him and he refers from asking if this is a joke, because Taehyung looks genuine. He doesn't point out that it's late and they should probably go home. Instead, Jeon Jeongguk smiles and takes Taehyung's hand with a grin. "You got it," is what he said.

They end up going to a movie, before crashing at an abandoned ramen shop and just fooling around without anyone of publicity being able to see them. They throw food at each other and laugh, kiss in between and giggled into each other's mouths. They feel like teenagers once again and they don't mind it - it feels liberating, easygoing, and lovely. Taehyung never thought teen years were lovely.

But Jeongguk is lovely. Oh, so much.