Set Five Winner: Until You

<<<PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS PAGE UNLESS YOU HAVE COMMENT RELATED TO THE STORY, ANY QUESTIONS GO TO 'WHAT I NEED TO KNOW'>>>

Whatpad Name: addicted_reader1

Tittle: Until You

Genera(s): Romance

Personal Message to the Audinece:

Hey everyone! I can't even explain how honoured and giddy I feel to have won this. A big thank you to everyone who read my story and made this possible, even though it only has 4 chaps up. Every single read is a motivation for me to continue writing, knowing that someone out there actually likes reading what I love writing!

Thank you and I love you all!! <3

Synopsis: 

Having lived her whole life on edge, she's as reckless as they come. Street racing, base jumping...you name it and she's done it. The only thing she doesn't have the courage to do, is to fall in love.

Being a brilliant artist, along with a brooding personality, he is as charming and exquisite as you could be. The only thing he has sworn never to do, is to go back home.

Their opposite worlds collide in an unexpected turn of fates. He realises that, against all hope, love can happen twice. She discovers that recklessness isn't always the solution, and sometimes, love is worth fighting for. 

Best Chapter: 

 sat there, looking at the discarded pieces of canvas lying around, those pathetic excuses for creativity I'd painted tonight. Gulping down the remnants of the scotch I'd been consuming, I stood up and decided to give it another try.

I was feeling particularly agitated this evening, and with each ruined painting I created, my frustration just grew to new levels. I desperately wanted to get rid of this uneasiness, the restless feeling that was coursing through my body, and the only way I could vent it out was by painting these feelings away. But as usual, it wasn't working. My paintings never came out right whenever I was in a depressing mood.

I stepped back and looked at the latest one I'd painted and sighed. It was even worse than the former ones. Giving up, I picked up all the useless shit I'd created and chucked it aside. Then, I poured myself another glass of Scotch and thought about the exhibition tomorrow, while savoring the liquid drops of heaven in my mouth. I actually hoped it would go as well as the last time, though my latest collection of art that was going up on exhibition tomorrow wasn't completely satisfactory.

I was immersed deep in my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring. I groaned, knowing it would be Uksana at the door. Sure enough, as soon as I opened the front door, she threw herself at me as if there was no tomorrow, while I attempted to remember why in hell had I agreed to have her as my girlfriend in the first place.

"Jay! What have you been up to, darling? You have been ignoring my texts and calls for the past few days." She stated, with an annoying pout on her face. It amazed me how a person could be as clingy as her. I mean, I'd been ignoring her for a reason, God damn it. You'd think she would get the hint to stay away.

I put my hands on her shoulders, turned her around, and walked her back those few steps towards the threshold. "You're right. I have been ignoring you, Uksana, so I would really appreciate it if you would get the message and leave me alone for a while."

I shut the door in her face, without bothering for a reply. God, I'm so done with her.

Back into my room, I felt my phone vibrate inside my pocket. One look at the caller ID, and a smile spread across my face.

"Hey, Mike. What's new?" I asked my best friend, aka my manager.

"The Fading Dawn is going to be up to sell-out at 7:30 tomorrow evening. Get ready to have your ass kicked if you don't show up at NGV by then." He stated, without preamble.

I rolled my eyes. "Hello to you too." I said dryly.

"Dude, I'm warning you... if you don't show up at your own exhibition this time, I'm going to break your bones the old fashioned style." He threatened.

"Oh sure, I'm so scared gangster..." I mumbled under my breath. "Fine, I'll come." I said before he could begin the rant again.

"Good. Hey Jasper, wanna get out for a drink? I'm on my way to the night club right now. I could stop by your house on the way, if you want." He asked, switching from the irritating manager to careless best friend attitude in a second.

"Sometimes I wonder if maybe you're suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder." I remarked.

He laughed. "Perhaps I am."

I sighed. Typical Mike. "I want nothing more than to get totally wasted right now."

"Okay, I'll be there in five."

***

The smell of alcohol and the loud thump of music took over my senses as soon as I entered the club. People were everywhere, dancing, drinking, making out. This place was the perfect distraction for me from my thoughts. We walked over to the bar and ordered our usual, Jagur and Red Bull for me, beer for Mike.

"Planning to get laid tonight, Mike?" I asked him, as we sat there drinking, watching people grinding their bodies together on the dance floor.

"Definitely."

Four cans of beer later, Mike walked out towards the dance floor and disappeared in the sea of bodies surrounding him. I was beginning to feel the buzz and lightheadedness due to the excessive drinking, first at home and now here. It was blissful oblivion, all my agitation and restlessness evaporated.

A sudden movement to my right caught my attention. Two girls were laughing hysterically while looking at the bartender. I could tell they were drunk, one of them looked ready to drop dead on her feet. I laughed.

The brunette stopped laughing and turned to me. "Who the hell are you laughing at, mister?"

Before I could respond, the blonde grabbed her attention. "I'M GOING OUTSIDE, PIPES. I THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK." She yelled before heading out of the nightclub.

The brunette turned back to me, "Don't mind Kiara. She's a lightweight." She said, already having forgotten her previous question.

"Of course not." I replied, amused.

She threw a hand around my shoulder and turned us around, facing the bar. "My next drink is on you, stranger. What do you propose I get?"

I was struck with her carefree and reckless attitude. That was also something I was jealous of though, because no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't be like that. I was stuck with my distressed  brooding personality.

"White Russian, with a mix of pure Kahlua."

****

>>>Click the external link on the right hand side to take you to the full story<<<