4.

Edited 5/30/2019

Ryan had sat down with Smiley and Ms. Rebel, otherwise known as Riley and Maya' contact names, while Farkle had gone to buy lunch after getting up. Ryan had a sandwich he'd bought that morning.

Riley and Maya were currently talking about the new guy, Lucas. Specifically about whether they should ask him the sit with them or not.

“Ladies,” Farkle interrupted them, sitting next to Riley.

“Farkle.”

“Interesting Lunch time dilemma,  sloppy joe or chicken pot pie?”

And he repeated that until it got annoying. So, twice.

“That it?” Maya raises an eyebrow at the boy.

“Yep. Same time tomorrow!” Farkle picked up his tray and left.

“There he is! Invite him to sit down!” Maya pushed.

“With words?” Riley asked, clearly panicking. “You're ready for this, Ryan tell her she's ready for this,”

They looked to him but his mouth was full of sandwich. He shook his head. They ignored him.

“What do I say?” Riley asked.

“Hey Lucas looking for somebody special?” Maya suggested. Ryan  stopped eating to continue the conversation.

“I can't say that!”

“Hey Lucas, looking for somebody?”

“Still too forward,” Riley refuted.

“Hey, Lucas,” Maya said.

“Like we're on a first name basis?!” Riley squeaked.

Seeing Lucas walking towards their table, “Hey,” Ryan smiled at the new boy.

“Hey,” Riley tests. Lucas sits his tray down next to Riley.

“Hey back.”

“Hi, you're sitting here,” Riley said with a too wide to be natural.

“Is that ok?” he asked, slowly sitting.

Riley nodded. “Can you just excuse me for just one sec? “

Ryan was still drinking from his water when the two squealed. He sprayed water on his shirt, chocking.

“Are you ok?” Ryan had bent so his knees touched his chest, so his head was out of view of the others at the table.

But he just held up a thumbs up in response to Lucas's question.

Mr. Matthews was snatch Lucas away from the table, deeming him a threat to Riley's innocence.

Meanwhile Ryan was still dying.