19- Ozone

Skye's POV

"What is his problem?" Christian scowls.

The boys shake their heads and murmur words of the same calibre, by understanding Mitchel's persistent moodiness over the past week. He had just came and grabbed a pack of beers complaining that Jesse and Clinton had been drinking them all and not buying more but before they could reply he simply walked off to the back room stating he was making music and not to disturb him, slamming the door closed for full effect.

"He's being such a dick" Clinton scoffs.

They all speak in hushed tones discussing their annoyance at Mitchel and what to do. I had thought he would have settled into the tour routine like Christian said but he had not one bit.

He put on a good act in front of fans, he was like a completely different person at shows and meet and greets and then the minute the tour bus door closed, the smile disappeared and the scowl takes over.

I didn't understand why he was so mad, so angry at everything and everyone. While the time I've known him I knew he was never a ray of sunshine, but we had at least shared some smiles and fun times where he was just being silly. Now there was nothing, not when it wasn't for show.

The only time he spoke to me was when he needed me in which he did so with minimal talking and dismissed me when he was done. I knew better than to try and coax him into telling me what was wrong because it simply wouldn't get me anywhere, he was naturally closed off and it would be a waste of time.

But I was growing ever worried, I'd never seen him this bad before and neither had the boys, I was growing concerned there was a bigger concern.

"Has he spoke to you?" Christian asks quietly to me while the others moved onto something else.

"No, nothing" I reply shaking my head.

I was thankful for Christian because without him I would be bored to death on this tour. I found a good friendship in him where we would hang out together when Mitchel closed himself off somewhere. We would watch films or play games, mostly his choice being NBA.

"Maybe he'd speak to you?" He suggests in a hopeful tone.

"I don't know" I reply "He's made it clear in the past he doesn't like me prying into his business"

"I understand" He nods "I'm just worried"

I nod in agreement as I look over at the door in which had been so brutally slammed a few minutes ago mentally debating if I should attempt something.

The others had moved onto something else so I took it as an opportunity to go see if I could get through to Mitchel. I close the curtain in between the social space and the back room and beds just for some privacy and I knock on the door.

He ignores the first knock so I knock again, slightly louder and a bit more demanding.

"Didn't I tell you all to leave me alone?" He replies curtly.

"Mitchel it's me" I reply in a soft tone.

"I don't care" He mumbles.

"Mitchel please open the door" I say.

"No go away" He says.

"I'll open it anyway, I know you broke the lock yesterday" I say knowingly.

I had noticed it while I was sitting in my bunk when I heard a string of curses and the sound of failed attempts to fix the lock that he had broken in his last attempt to slam the door.

He doesn't reply and so I push open the door myself and a confused face takes over before I spy him on the floor, knees to his chest as he does his best to quickly hide the small bags in his hands.