16- With Me

Skye's POV

I collapsed into Mitchel's chest still out of breath from our morning activities, last night was tiring enough so I was surprised to be woken up with Mitchel tugging at the bottom of my shirt whispering wicked things in my ear.

For a moment we just enjoy the comedown, regaining steady breaths once again and sinking into eachother. Mitchel then clears his throat and sits up slightly indicating something was up.

"We need to talk" He says.

"Oh" I reply sitting up also.

'We need to talk' was never a good sentence in any situation and I dreaded to think what we was going to say that had to be spoken now and ruin the calm moment we were sharing.

"I'm going on tour" He mumbles quietly.

He says so in a way that makes it seem like he doesn't want to go at all and from the way he looks down at his fingers and avoids my gaze that he had known about this for a while.

"Oh" I repeat, the word being the only thing I can say.

Tour meant Mitchel would he gone, maybe even up to half a year judging by the last tour he went on. I wouldn't see him every other day like I was used to and I already knew right now that I was going to miss him.

"When do you leave?" I ask.

"Friday" He says still avoiding looking at me.

Friday. It was currently Tuesday. He left in three days.

I cursed myself for not keeping more up to date with their socials and announcements but I had been avoiding anything related to them online because I had been spotted out with Mitchel a few times and the words about me were far from nice.

"Friday" I repeat musing the word to myself.

He nods as a solemn silence falls over the room neither of us wanting to address the obvious issue.

"It's only a month" He says trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"A month is a long time" I reply.

"Is someone going to miss me?" He asks smirking.

"You wish" I scoff even though I knew damn well I would.

"Well you don't have to" He says looking into my eyes properly now.

"Why?" I ask.

He pauses again, reciting the words that were clearly playing in his head. He seemed almost nervous which made me question what he was going to say next.

"Because I want you to come with me" He replies simply.

I let out a laugh thinking he was joking around but the straight face he held made my smile slowly disappear as I realise he's being serious.

"Mitchel I can't come with you" I say.

"Yeah you can" He says "The boys are all fine with it"

"And I'm sure your management will be thrilled to see you've brought along your fuck buddy for the month" I scoff.

"It was actually their idea" He mumbles.

I throw him a confused glance, I was getting whiplash from all the words that fell from him mouth recently, I felt stuck in this puzzling middle ground where I never really knew where I stood or what to do.

"Come again Cave?" I ask.

"If you insist" He winks.

I throw him an unimpressed glare and he quickly wipes the smirk off his face as he takes my hand connecting it with his that I knew was his way of trying to get what he wants.

"They want you to be my girlfriend" He says.

He sees my eyes widen and before I'm able to interject he quickly interrupts me.

"Fake girlfriend"

"Hold on" I state "Pretty sure both Clinton and your description of your management made it clear you guys couldn't have girlfriends so why the hell would they do that?"

"Because we happen to have been spotted a few times generating quite some talk" He explains "And it's made our views and sales go up"

"How?" I ask puzzled.

"I don't know" He shrugs "But point is it means you get to come"

"Yeah but I need to pretend to be your girlfriend" I reply.

"Don't act like you wouldn't love it" He smiles.

The prospect was actually quite nice and the idea of being his girlfriend sounded like everything I had dreamed of, even if it was just pretend. Who knows, maybe something real would come out of it.

"Mitchel I can't just drop everything and go" I say "I have a job"

"In a corner shop" He replies dismissing it completely.

"Wow" I say dropping his hand "Thanks"

He realises the error of his words and quickly tries to grab it back but fails when I shove on a shirt and go out to my balcony trying to process all of this and not get upset of how he views my job.

"I didn't mean it like that" He sighs sitting at the edge of the bed resting his arms on his legs.

"Then how did you mean it?" I ask.

He lets out another sigh walking over to me and it made me even more annoyed that instead of focusing on what he just said I was focusing on his body and how it looked as the sun from outside hit against his face as his hair fell carelessly in front of his eyes.

"I mean we're not all lucky like you and get to do what they love every day" I ramble "Some of us have to work at shitty corner shops where no one comes in and-"

He cuts off my words by kissing me on the lips; something that always caught me off guard and something I always craved more of. I knew he was only doing it to shut me up, to distract me from staying annoyed at him but right now I didn't care.

"I'm sorry" He says "I didn't mean for it to come out like that"

I nod softly looking at the chain around his neck toying with it in lack of words to say back.

"Don't you have holidays you can take? I need you there" He says.

Hearing him say he needed me only confirmed that I had to go. I would do anything for him and sometimes I think that was my biggest downfall.

"I'll sort something" I state.

"Really?" He asks a smile playing on his lips.

"Yes but it better be worth me using up all my holidays" I say.

"Don't worry" He smirks snaking his arms around my waist "I'll make it very worth your time"

----
// With Me - Xavier Mayne \\

I know this is literally the shortest chapter ever but it's basically s filler til we get to touring in the next chapter so enjoy it I'm sorry