3- Ma Cherie

Skye's POV

"What even is this?" I say looking down at the bright drink.

"I think it's called a grasshopper or something" Ash shrugs.

I looked down at the suspiciously green drink debating if it was safe for consumption but after reminding myself I had come out to have fun I take a sip and see it's actually pretty sweet.

Seeing Mitchel with that girl had ignited feelings in me I hadn't felt in a long time and I refused to let them resurface again.

We had agreed to only have meaningless fun and so I had to control my emotions and distract myself from him before I ended up with a broken heart once again.

"So Miss Skye" Ash smirks "Why the sudden urge to come out with yours truly?"

"I needed some fun" I say not wanting to delve into details.

He merely raises his eyebrows while taking a sip from his own beverage which was a much more muted colour than mine.

"What?" I reply.

"It didn't have anything to do with that strange braided boy back at the store?" He smirks.

I choke on my drink slightly as I see masking my sadness was not going to be as easy as I thought, especially when Ash was always so knowing about everything.

"Like I said I need fun" I repeat "I need distraction"

"Did he never call you back or something?" Ash asks.

"More like he always does" I sigh.

Ash sends me a confused look as I downed the rest of the drink knowing it wouldn't be my last tonight by any means.

"What do you mean?" He says.

"We're kind of friends with benefits" I say lowly "Minus the friend part"

I figured it was just easier to come out and say it bluntly than to beat around the bush and find a subtle way to say it.

I had just broken rule number 4; no telling anyone what we do. I figured it didn't really matter; A because I was slightly annoyed with him and B because this was my best friend and I knew he wouldn't exactly tell anyone anything.

"Well I must say" He laughs "I didn't peg you as the type"

"What's that supposed to mean" I say feigning offence.

"You're just so reserved" He shrugs "I don't know"

"You know for a best friend you really don't know me at all" I say.

"Well that's because you don't ever come out and have fun!" He replies laughing.

I roll my eyes knowing he's right but i wasn't a complete bore. I did go out occasionally; hence how I ended up in my little situation with Mitchel.

"Well tonight we're going to change that" I smile.

From that moment we began our descent into a lower inhibition. Shots found their way to my mouth and I was slowly letting myself succumb to the music, just enjoying being in the club. I hadn't been to one in over a month and I had strangely missed it. I had forgotten how good it felt to carelessly dance away to the beat while the multicolour lights flashed all around me.

Ash was pretty drunk too but instead of straying off in search of a girl to take home tonight, he was fulfilling his duties as my best friend by sticking by my side which I was grateful for.

"Look at you go" He smirks.

I simply smiled giggling away as I twirled and jumped around him letting the music control my movements. He was dancing along with me and I wondered why I didn't actually come out with him more but it was probably down to the fact he always had a string of dates lined up. I wondered how he even managed to keep up, I would find it so exhausting to entertain someone new every night.