12- ugh

Skye's POV

I woke up slowly and found myself surprised when I noticed it was now light out and I was tangled up next to Mitchel again, with him on his back and me on my side, his arm wrapped around me.

I was even more shocked to see Mitchel fast asleep, his breathing heavy and his lips slightly parted. I had never seen him asleep before and he looked angelic.

My eyes fall on my clock and it reads 8:30am. Our thirty minutes had turned into a whole night's sleep, knocked out for almost 9 hours. My mind travels to last night and the soft kiss we shared before falling into a slumber.

Mitchel had never kissed me before, he had always stressed how much he was against it and the mess it could induce. Once again I had been left in a state of confusion, unable to understand what was going on in his head. To be arguing and have him say he'd never want anything more than sex to him showing up with roses and being intimate in more ways than lust was puzzling for me.

My fingers absentmindedly toyed with the chain around his neck, the cold metal soothing against the feeling of his warm chest beneath me. It was relaxing and it just what I needed after such a shitty week.

Some time passes before he begins to stir underneath me and I watch as his eyebrows furrow, his hand reaching up to rub his eye as he slowly opens them. He looks down at me, confusion still on his face as he looks down at me seeming slightly disoriented.

"Look who's awake" I whisper.

"What time is it?" He asks groggily.

"Almost 9am" I reply.

"Funny" He laughs letting out a light curt laugh "What time is it really?"

"9" I repeat confused "Look outside It's morning"

His eyes snap over to the window seeing indeed that it was light outside, the sun shining.

"What the fuck" He mutters to himself.

"What's wrong?" I ask pulling myself up and sitting cross legged in front of him.

"I've never slept that long" He replies "Ever"

"Well now you're well rested" I state.

He nods in reply still rubbing his eyes adjusting to being awake. He looked so cute when he was sleepy and it was sad I never got to see it more. He was still in a soft mood like last night and stared at me extending his arm and tucking the loose strands behind my ear.

"Come back here" He mumbles in a quiet tone.

He pulls me into him again so I was back against his chest and I was taken aback by how sweet he was being, his mood swings were really playing with my head.

Our faces were close again like last night as his hand cradles my face pulling me even closer into him. One thing leads to another and his find their way to mine again and I wonder if he could hear my heart beating wildly from the action, I wouldn't be surprised because it felt like my heart was going to burst out my chest.

Unlike last night, this was was more intense. It wasn't just a light peck, it was way more and it was intoxicating. It was feverish in the way he moved his body up resting his back against the headboard as he pulled me into a straddling position.

I expected him to try and undress me and I thought this was what he was leading to but he just continued our make out session, his hands tangled in my hair and one on my side.

It was everything I had ever wondered and hoped and yet I couldn't stop thinking of why he was doing it. I couldn't fully give in to the moment because I didn't understand it.

I pulled away still sitting on top of him as he threw me a puzzled expression obviously wondering why I had stopped.

"What's wrong?" He asked impatiently.

"Why are you kissing me?" I ask quietly.

"Cos I wanted to" He shrugs.

"You're breaking all the rules" I say simply.

He stays silent for a minute knowing I was right but he didn't look like he cared much even though he should, these were his rules.

"Why can't you just enjoy being in the moment?" He asks.

"Because that moment is gonna lead to something else" I say climbing off him "And I'm pretty sure it'll only be one sided"

I made my way over to my vanity grabbing a hair tie and pulling my hair up into a ponytail so it was out the way as I could see him in the mirror still sitting in the bed thinking over my words.

"I have work in an hour" I say.

I don't know why I was in such a weird mood now, maybe it's because I knew that Mitchel was only going to have changed mood by the next time I see him and my head was growing tired of this back and forth.

"I'll head home then" He replies awkwardly.

I nod my head as I pretend to be sorting through my stuff as he gathered his things, pulling his jeans on in silence. It was slightly awkward but I just needed some time to think over everything, he was messing with my thoughts in the worst way possible.

He finally grabs his phone shoving it into his back pocket thinking over if he should say anything as he walks over to the door. I think he's just going to leave without saying goodbye but stops and pauses by the door looking over at me.

"When I said I would never want to be in a relationship with you" He says catching my attention.

I look up at him, our eyes meeting as he seems to be mentally weighing if he should say the words hanging on his lips or not.

"I didn't mean it" He adds.

I nod my head, his words causing my heart to flutter in a way I didn't know was good or bad. He looks ready to say more but his phone buzzes and he skims over the notification and drops whatever he was going to say.

"Can I see you tonight?" He asks.

"I've actually already got plans" I reply.

Ashton and I had agreed to go out to the club and I knew he would kill me if I bailed and in all honesty I had been looking forward to it, I needed a night of fun and letting loose.

"Oh" He replies looking visibly deflated.

"But you can join if you want" I add quickly before he leaves "We're going out to the club"

He nods his head making a look of approval telling me he'd see us there and we bid goodbye to eachother and I look at myself in the mirror wondering if I had made a mistake inviting him.

I knew Ash was bound to question Mitchel to death so I would have to try and distract him with girls at the club but knowing him that wouldn't be too hard.

I shake off all my thoughts as I head into the shower ready to clear my head when my phone lights up with a notification that Mitchel had just tweeted and my stomach did a flip for the second time this morning.

Mitty
Can't get angel out my head

---

// Ugh- the 1975 \\