17- Goosebumps

Skye's POV

"Are you sure you have everything?" He asks "Because once we leave here I'm not coming back for whatever you've forgot"

"I have everything" I sigh.

He had asked me this several times since arriving at my apartment this morning where we loaded my bags into his car. Packing wasn't difficult and especially when it was just for a month. I didn't really possess much in the way of items anyway and so I just had to make sure I had all my essentials which I was sure I did.

My room felt empty now, I had taken most of my clothes and make up and now the wardrobe was bare just like my vanity. It was strange really, it felt like a permanent leaving instead of a temporary fleet.

"Well let's get going then" Mitchel replies.

He was in a weird middle mood where he wasn't annoyed or angry and he also wasn't overly happy. He was just kind of there, explaining everything we had to do and were doing. I couldn't really tell how he was feeling but I think I knew deep down he didn't really want to be going on tour. He loved what he did but right now for some reason he was just angry at everything and so I highly doubt being on the move in a confined moving vehicle constantly will settle any of that energy.

We drove over to the boys house where the others had already begun unloading things into the bus. It seemed so big from the outside but I know it wouldn't feel like that for long and Mitchel had told me many stories of bus life that made me question why I'd agreed to this to begin with.

It was crazy that I was doing this, going on tour with someone I could neither confidently call a friend or lover. He was just Mitchel and we were just acquainted.

Ash thought I was insane and had a full lecture down the phone at me but I knew he'd cool off eventually. He was just being the concerned friend he was so good at being and he didn't want to see me hurt again. I was going to miss him though, I'd never gone longer than a week without seeing him so I would have to settle for phone calls and FaceTime if I managed to get the privacy to do so.

Mitchel unloads my bags onto the bus with ease before grabbing his own things and doing the same. He packed pretty light compared to the rest but I guess he mostly wore the same things and he didn't carry the same need to bring anything sentimental like the rest. I noticed Christian brought a tiny koala toy that he explained to me his mom bought him it before their very first tour. He tells me the story through blushed cheeks and bashful eyes as I catch him sneaking it into one of his bags. I liked Christian, he was always nice to me and I hoped we could become good friends on this tour if Mitchel was okay with it all.

He didn't really care for the formalities of introduction so I spoke to all the guys myself out of politeness because I was sharing the bus with them for a month and while I knew of them and the stories Mitchel told me, they didn't know me or at least not properly anyway.

They all seemed nice enough and I had the suspicion Mitchel had explained my being here throughly already as they all knew the drill and Jesse joked that I was in for a fun time of playing pretend girlfriend to Mitchel. Clinton still seemed indifferent towards me but I wasn't sure if it was me he was hesitant about or the situation as a whole. Christian reassured me that Clinton was just naturally a reserved person and not to take it to heart.

The bus interior was nice, way better than I had imagined. It was sleek dark wood and leather seating. My bunk was rather spacious too and I was almost excited in a way to be staying here. I was at an advantage in a way, I was living the tour life that so many people only dream of.

I watched as the boys began to straightaway personalise their bunks claiming them as their own. Christian has several blankets and Knick knacks as well as a small basketball flag he had pinned up. Jesse had several pictures of his family stuck above him and he lightly stroked them with a small yet sad smile.