15- Wicked Games

Skye's POV

"Just for a little while Cmon" Ash whines.

"I said no" I reply.

"Let me guess you have better plans?" He smirks knowingly.

"Not better just prior" I state "And I honour my commitments"

"Well your commitments should include hanging out with your best friend" He huffs.

I guess I had been neglecting him recently. I had been so preoccupied with Mitchel that I hadn't reserved much time for Ash at all and now I did feel slightly bad.

"Look I promise tomorrow I'm all yours" I reply "We can do whatever you want"

"Even a full marvel movie marathon?" He asks with a mischievous smile.

I mentally groaned as he knew I didn't care much for those kind of films but I guess I owed him and nonetheless I looked forward to a day spent with my best friend.

"Sure" I nod.

"It's a date" He smirks jumping on to his feet.

He starts typing away at his phone where I presume he's messaging some girl for company now that's he's failed to convince me to join.

I stand up to following him as he makes his way to the door where I give him one of our usual bear hugs as I open the door. Pulling away I notice Mitchel standing there with an unreadable expression as Ashton also notices him standing there and awkwardly clears his throat nodding in his direction which Mitchel warily reciprocates.

Ashton makes his way down the drive as I feel Mitchel's eyes travel between him and I.

"See you tomorrow" Ashton nods before heading off down the road.

I shift my attention to Mitchel who follows me into the house as I close the door behind him. He was early and that was something he normally never was so it makes me question if this meant he was going to be in a bad mood.

He flops down on the couch and I sit down next to him, an awkward silence hanging in the room.

"So who was he?" Mitchel asks in a nonchalant tone.

"Ash" I shrug casually flicking through the channels.

"That's Ash?" He asks in a surprised tone.

"Uh yeah why?" I reply.

"I thought Ash was a girl" He states.

"No" I reply.

He remains silent, his mouth turned into a prominent scowl and his jaw locked. I could tell something was up as this was the face he adorned whenever something had pissed him off and his attractive as he looked, I wasn't in the mood to deal with him if he was going to be moody.

"Is there a problem?" I ask.

"Nope" He replies popping the p.

His arms were crossed over, his knuckles going white as his hands tightly gripped his elbows. His eyes were focused on the television although I don't think he was even paying attention to what was playing at all.

"So what did you guys get up to?" He asks.

"Does it matter?" I ask.

For someone that rarely told me anything about his life he sure wanted to know a lot about mine.

"Well I just wanna know if I'm wasting my time here today is all" He shrugs.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I ask narrowing my eyes at him.