11- acquainted

Skye's POV

I scooped another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth as I annoyingly flicked through the channels trying to land on something to watch.

Romance film where guy falls for quiet girl, romance film where two teenagers fall in love after meeting at a concert, tv show centred around couples, another film about a flawless love story. It was all bullshit. I couldn't find anything to watch that wouldn't make me feel even worse. I couldn't even watch more Black Mirror because it only made me think of Mitchel, not that he ever really left my mind.

It had been a whole week since our little argument. This was the longest I had gone without seeing him since we became acquainted and it had been the longest week of my life. I was miserable. I hardly slept, I didn't want to go outside and all I did was eat junk food and binge watched tv. I was in full 'I've just had a break up' mode and yet we had never even been in a relationship to begin with.

He had tried to text me a few times, none of which were an apology, not that I expected one from him. Instead he just sent times he wanted to meet up, telling me to come over. I didn't respond to any of them.

I was hurt. I only put myself in the position of feeling like this but I still didn't think I would take it this hard. I had been through my fair share of break ups but this one had topped them all and it wasn't even an official break up but maybe that's what made it worse.

Ash had done his best to comfort me even though I didn't tell him what had happened, I didn't need to hear the 'I told you so' speech. Like any best friend however, he didn't pry into hearing details and instead blissfully distracted me by bringing me take out and getting drunk with me.

This was the first day he had left me to sulk in peace and as much as I loved Ash, I was grateful for the peace. I just needed some good thinking time to myself to fully accept there was no point in being upset and then I could go back to being my usual self and occupy my time with guys I never had to see again or have the chance to break my heart.

My peace is quickly shattered as there was a ring of my doorbell. I let out a sigh and get up to answer the door presuming it to be Ash changing his mind and joining in on my sad ice cream date for one.

I open the door and my eyes fall on the other person, I was surprised by the sight before me to say the least.

Stood there was none other than Mitchel Cave with a bouquet of roses in his hand and a nervous look on his face. I didn't even know what to say, much less why he was even here.

"Can I come in?" He asks.

I merely stand to the side allowing him to enter softly closing the door behind him. He seemed awkward, something I had never see him be or act, he was always so confident and so sure of everything.

"These are for you" He says holding out the flowers.

"Thanks" I say warily taking them off him slowly.

"I know girls love that shit when they're sad so I thought you'd like them" He rambles.

"What makes you think I'm sad?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything but instead looks around the room eyeing the half eaten tub of ben&jerry's next to the rest of my snacks, the collection of romcom dvds stacked by the tv and then looks back at me in a knowing way.

I guess it was pretty obvious I was indulging in a somewhat sad looking pity party.

"Why are you here Mitchel?" I sigh.

I walk through to the kitchen finding a vase to put the flowers in while simultaneously giving myself something to do to appear busy.

"I'm sorry" He says.