Pt.11 The Clashing of Fangs Past

Start from the beginning

"Ruby! watch out-" but it was too late as a dart from earlier is quickly plunged into Ruby's shoulder as she yells in pain, pushing Lana off her.

"Sorry Ruby, but your kind and honest personality will be your downfall,"Lana says as she presses a button on that device she suddenly pulls out, but instead of causing another high pitch noise, it summons two hovering robots to her, "and if your only defense to protect him is "a feeling", then words are wasted between us."

(POV:[F/n])

Ruby and I look at the robots, the ones no doubt the ones shooting the darts, as the hovered around Lana. There small, yet apparently large enough to hold a ridiculous amount of darts. There silver bodies somewhat round as the sides are open revealing fan wings and a barrel in the front.

I tried using my aura again, but to no result, hating myself for being so useless as Ruby backed up towards me, rubbing her eyes with her sleeve, feeling the effects of the drug, and readies her weapon scythe again.

"I truly am sorry for the way this went down between us Ruby, but I'm done playing games."

with that, Lana presses the button again the robots begin to move again, but instead of going to Ruby they head towards me aiming their guns getting ready to shoot another barrage of darts when one suddenly blows up from a bullet as Ruby barely gets in front of using as much as he semblance as she could, blocking the barrage of bullets again. I try the best I could to get up as Ruby tried so desperately to protect me, but I could see her struggle as he begins to slow down. One by one darts begin to get through her blocking, but she quickly manages to fire off another shot hitting the robot as it explodes.

"Okay...that's done..." she says wobbling as she breaths heavily turning towards me, "are you okay? I-"

she stops however as she's suddenly kicked to the side by Lana, slamming into a tree and as I look, my eyes wide as I see Lana holding Ruby's scythe and throws it behind her.

"Ruby!" I yell straining to get up, "Lana, she's not apart of this! it's me you want, so just-"

I yell in pain as she shoots a bullet into my shoulder, causing me to fall back over,

"Trust me, you and I will finish what we started, but she knew the ramifications of protecting you," she then looks at Ruby, her katana blade resting on her shoulder," so, do you still wish to know why?"

(POV: Lana)

She finally gets up, barely holding getting to her feet, looking for her scythe only to realize it lays behind me. Worry goes across her face, but is quickly replaced with determination as she has, but little option than to fight hand to hand as she raises her fists weakly.

She then begins to charge forward trying for a crude punch that I easily sidestep, landing a quick punch. Recuperates as tries to land another punch, but I catch her fist with my free hand and pull her in close landing a knee into her chest, knocking the wind out of her as she fell to the ground holding her chest as I begin to speak,

"It seems I was correct, your reliant on Crescent Rose to the point that even basic combat is difficult to you," she doesn't respond of course, as she tries to catch her breath, "I'll give you one last chance, if you stay down and don't move I'll-"

I step back as she tries to do an uppercut, though I soon it was a feint as she begins to run towards Crescent Rose, sadly for her the drugs in her system doesn't allow her to use her semblance giving me the chance to catch her by the cape and pull her back towards me as I then kick her feet from under her, as I quickly do an axe kick hitting her to the ground.

Before she has a moment to react, I kneel on top of her, pinning her arms to the ground and resting my katana to her neck.

"Lana stop!" I hear [F/n] yell as I look over to him as he pitifully drags himself towards us only making me angrier.