7

This random woman takes me to a black car, and hands me a bag.

"What's this?" I ask, taking the bag from her.

"A change of clothes." She says,"I'm Barbara by the way."

"Well Barbara, I'm guessing you already know my name." I laugh awkwardly, changing into the new clothes.

"Yep. So, (Y/N), how was your stay?" Barbara says sarcastically, knowing it must have been torture.

"Oh it was just peachy." I say just as sarcastic, if not more.

We laugh and tell jokes the rest of the car ride. All I can think about is Jerome. I feel guilty for leaving him. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it.

We turn into my driveway around 3:30am. My sleeping schedule is going to be so off.

I say goodbye, and head out the car.

"Wait!" Barbara says right before I close the car door.

"What?" I say a little startled by her sudden outburst.

"Be careful, and stay away from anyone suspicious. And I mean anyone. You know what, just run away from the people you don't know. Especially these morons." She hands me a paper as she finishes, and I see Aaron Helzinger, Jerome Valeska, Theo Galavan, Tabitha Galavan, and... Brian Westing? That can't be!
I look at the picture, and the name a thousand times. It's him.
Brian Westing.
One of my best friends.
My childhood crush.
The one who knows all of my secrets.
He knows all of my hiding spots I've made.
He knows where I would go.

"Brian Westing?" I ask Barbara. This can't be right.

"He works with Jerome." She explains.

"He's one of my best friends." I argue. He could never ever hurt a fly, never mind work with criminals!

"I'd stay away from him. Jerome knows everything about everyone he works with. He probably hired Brian because of you. If I know anything about Jerome, it's that he won't stop until he gets what he wants, and he wants you. He will get you. He won't stop. Be careful in who you trust." Barbara states firmly.
I nod my head, and go into my house.
Brian Westing.
This can't be real.

I head up to my room, paper still in hand, and change into my favorite pair of sweatpants and sweater. I find a pair of fuzzy socks, and put them on. I brush my hair, and put it in a messy bun, and go down stairs because I'm starving. I make myself a sandwich, and sit on the counter. I look at the paper again.

Guess he isn't who I though he was.